sarena
login redirect back to login
  • 2004/11/8 10:05

• sarena

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/8

hi all,

ok hope this is the right place,
i have installed XOOPS v2.7.0.3 and xoops2-mod-xcgal_1_1 mod, have the site closed/only accesable to admins registerd users

one person when trying to log in, either as admin, or user just gets redirected to the login page rather than the site,
i have tested this with the first 10 people to contact me in a chatroom yesteday, and it worked fine for them, and i belive no matter how much more i test it will be sucessful for everybody except this one

she is using xp home, IE and nortons firewall, both active and disabled
it came up this morning she has this problem with one smf site as well, so i dont think its really an XOOPS prob as such, but then not beibng able to recreate the error i dont know what to try next

any ideas please?
thanks in advance
sarena

smdcom
Re:login redirect back to login

try to disable norton firewall... it might be the problem there.

sarena
  • 2004/11/8 10:42

• sarena

• Just popping in

hi ya,
thanks for that, nope as i said in my origional post even disabled its the same problem :(

tedsmith
  • 2004/11/8 13:30

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

I can almost bet that it will be because of the Firewall. To prevent it happening to all other users (and your current one) you can try disabling the HTTP_REFERRER check that is built into XOOPS - its easy to do and is well documented at post 19 here :

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=24566&forum=7&post_id=107342#forumpost107342

In fact, the entire topic is very interesting to read so I suggest you read all of it.

If it isn't because of that, then try advising your users to ensure cookies are enabled. XOOPS is heavily cookie reliant. I have a block on my site advising users to check this if they have difficulties registering etc.

Good luck

sarena
  • 2004/11/8 16:46

• sarena

• Just popping in

thank you ted, i have tried that fix for nortons, with no change, other nortons firewall users are not having a problem, so i have sent her instructions on enabling coockies so now its fingers crossed

sarena
  • 2004/11/8 19:58

• sarena

• Just popping in

thanks Ted,
it was the cookie problem

winnesoup
  • 2004/11/8 21:09

• winnesoup

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/15

adding a solution I found on the forums just yesterday --> repairing the Xoops_session table did the job for me.

The cookie thing is probably most valid if you use XOOPS session cookies!

Ok, I know it is solved, but adding this repairing thing makes this post a more complete one.

@ted, wasn't it you that first posted this solution ?

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits