kiwiguy
Windows XP Service Pack 2
  • 2004/9/24 8:22

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/19

Just curious I was reading the effects xp service pack 2 on websites in regards to javascript and axtivex controls and the built in pop up blocker and firewall. It stated that websites coding would have to be altered so there not affected. Also was told that some HTML coding would be effected also!

My qustion is how is this all going to affect XOOPS and will there be a update available to assist with the webmasters and users running xp service pack 2 on there computer?

kiwiguy

chapi
Re: Windows XP Service Pack 2
  • 2004/9/24 9:20

• chapi

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/1/22

I don't know what exactly you heard about the SP2. But I'm using the SP2 and have no problems visiting any XOOPS site with IE. But normally I use FireFox!

kiwiguy
  • 2004/9/24 9:33

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/19

m0nty
  • 2004/9/24 12:43

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

haven't had any problems either viewing any sites using SP2.

of course that doesn't mean to say i won't have probs.. it just means i haven't found a website that i do have probs with..

most of the issues are down to privacy control, and as you know popup blockers can affect any viewing of sites depending on what the popup is for..

the security is mainly on http headers, cookie transfer and other various privacy issues designed to protect the user from malicious scripts.. but of course sometimes scripts get detected as malicious even tho they aren't..

it maybe worth listing if anybody has found sites that don't function right with SP2 and then we could try and solve those problems..

theoryno3
Re:Windows XP Service Pack 2
  • 2004/11/5 18:51

• theoryno3

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/5

Ya, the clients that use IE 6 with Sp2 cannot view some of my modules (ie, BMEF and even admin page). Has anyone come across the same problem? Firefox is great and works well, but I can't expect all my clients to use that.

I've heard about changing the content-type and removing plain-text/html... Has anyone tried performing such changes in apache?

Btw, my setup is MySQL 4.x, apache 2.x, php 4.3.x

Laaaaaaates,
theoryn

Login

Who's Online

539 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 539

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits