Felon
Newbie questions...access, pm's, css
  • 2004/10/27 18:19

• Felon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/27

Hi,

What a great community! Thank you to everyone who contributes. I am really new to XOOPS but I'm having a ball.

Several of my users need to login twice to access anything other than the entry page. It actually tells them they do not have sufficient access. They are then taken to a login page as if they aren't even logged in at all. After they log in a second time they can get access their original menu choice, if they even think to try it again.

Another issue is that one of my user cannot reply to pm's.

Any suggestions would be welcome. Please keep in mind that although I'm familiar with html I am brand new to mySQL, css and php. My XOOPS installation is in a subdirectory called mayhem at www.xclansite.com though I do have a simple meta-refresh redirect.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Herko
Re:Newbie questions...access, pm's, css
  • 2004/10/27 18:51

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

the simple meta-refresh redirect is the cause of the double login. Move your site to the site root (one level up), so the redirect is no longer needed, and change the values in your mainfile.php accordingly. Then login, and go to system admin, modules and 'update' the system module (this will reload the system module so all the menu's are updated to the new paths).

As for the second problem, check that your user doesn't have a software firewall running, and if he/she has, have your site added to the trusted sites list. Maybe that will help

Herko

Felon
  • 2004/10/27 22:32

• Felon

• Just popping in

Ahh..I had a sneaking suspicion that the redirect was the culprit, that's why I mentioned it. Move the files and folders and edit the mainfile.php, got it.

I went into the system admin, modules - just to get familiar with the next step but I don't see how to 'update' the system. Can you explain that step a little more?

Thanks!

Felon
  • 2004/10/28 19:11

• Felon

• Just popping in

Also, besides not knowing how to 'update' the system I can't seem to find where I can move a thread to another forum. I'm using Forum module v1.0 that came with xoops.

Thanks!

Bender
  • 2004/10/28 21:41

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

For the system (module) update:
Just go into Module Management and there you will find system as an active module. Click the first icon:

Resized Image

dilbert166
  • 2004/10/28 21:51

• dilbert166

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/4 1

Quote:

Felon wrote:
...I can't seem to find where I can move a thread to another forum.

the button for that is placed below the last post in every thread (provided you have sufficient privileges). it´s the little-arrow-button. it leads to a page where you can distiguish, to which forum you want to move the thread.

Felon
  • 2004/10/29 17:03

• Felon

• Just popping in

You guys are the best! It appears that this double login issue is gone for all but one of my users.

I have an urgent problem though. Whenever I try to change a module I am taken to an apache module administration page.

Resized Image

Please help. Thanks again for everyone's help!

Felon
  • 2004/10/29 21:11

• Felon

• Just popping in

Please disregard. Reading the help if mainfile.php fixed me right up. Thanks again!

Felon
  • 2004/10/31 18:41

• Felon

• Just popping in

My 'new members' block doesn't seem to work, it's blank, although I know lots of people have signed up. Any ideas why? You can see the blank block at www.xclansite.com (you don't need a login to see it).

I recently changed the root dir (updated the mainfile.php and updated all the modules)

Thanks!
Chris

P.s In Forums v1.0 I notice that the 'new post' buttons only work for public forums, not for private forums or sticky threads. Any way to change that? I'd love to allow my members to see if there are new posts in the private forums as well. Seeing if there are new posts in stick threads is equally important.Thx

Felon
  • 2004/11/1 18:18

• Felon

• Just popping in

Well, I just took the 'new members' block off for now. Maybe someone has an idea I can try.

I do have other questions. For example, some people say they can't register with my site. They say that the link doesn;t work for them.

Also, posters in the forum cannot use html. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for the help on these.

Login

Who's Online

232 user(s) are online (166 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 232

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits