raffjones
How to change "Home" to "home"
  • 2004/10/12 9:28

• raffjones

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/12

I've just put PHP Nuke in the bin - XOOPS rules the roost.

Anyway, I'm trying to customise XOOPS for my own community site, and in creating a completely custom theme, I want to change the labelling of various elements...

First up is "Home". There is no immediately obvious way to re-name it. All I want to do is call it "home" (lowercase) - could one of you geniuses please let me know.

Secondly, and more generally, where do I start to find the actual labels for everything? For example, when I click on my User menu item 'the library' (originally Downloads), it gives standard submenu items 'Submit Download', 'Modify Download' etc. and I'd love to rename these. Are these contained in the database or an HTML file somewhere,

Any help would of course be gladly received. I intend to upload all the sexy graphical elements and icons to this community once I've finished.

Thanks so much x raffJones

Mithrandir
Re: How to change "Home" to "home"

The "Home" link is defined in the system_blocks_mainmenu.html template in modules/system/templates/blocks - if you change the template and upload it, you will have to update the system module for the changes to carry over.
Alternatively, you can "clone" the default template set in system admin -> templates, edit this block template and set the new template set as the used one in system admin -> preferences -> general settings.

The submenu items are referenced in the modules' xoops_version.php files and usually point to a language variable located in modules/[modulename]/language/[language]/modinfo.php

Login

Who's Online

456 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 456

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits