jfmoore
Altern8News and News
  • 2004/10/10 5:28

• jfmoore

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/6 5

I need a second (and even third) News type module. Scheduling/expiring are important. Can Altern8News co-exist with News?

If not, then I suppose it is intended as a replacement, so what, then, would be the advantages of A8N over News?

studioC
Re: Altern8News and News
  • 2004/10/10 7:25

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/7

hello jfmoore,

i think Altern8News is intended to run besides the newsmodule as a second news area and i've seen them running together on some pages, ... but i read, too, that there are some problems sometimes. (use of same functions ?...)

if you want to have more than one instance of a module perhaps search this forum for 'cloning a module' .

I hope that it will be possible soon, to install more than one instance of a modul just clicking in admin section ..

cheers
michael

jfmoore
  • 2004/10/10 15:10

• jfmoore

• Quite a regular

Quote:

studioC wrote:
hello jfmoore,

i think Altern8News is intended to run besides the newsmodule as a second news area and i've seen them running together on some pages, ... but i read, too, that there are some problems sometimes. (use of same functions ?...)

I have them running together, but, as you say, there are problems. First of all, "Recent News" doesn't work in Altern8News, with or without "News." And, when I try to have the "Recent News" block show for both, then I get a blank page. Other functions seem to work, though. Oh well.

Quote:

if you want to have more than one instance of a module perhaps search this forum for 'cloning a module'.

Oooo...Don't know if I'm up to that. I'm just a lightweight.
Make that a flyweight. Maybe gnatweight.

Quote:

I hope that it will be possible soon, to install more than one instance of a modul just clicking in admin section ..

Boy, that would be great! There are 2 things which are at the top of my wish list: Easy cloning and subsites--so that you can run multiple sites with the same code base but separate db's.

Thanks.

Jere

wcrwcr
  • 2004/10/10 15:23

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Hey studioC

Quote:

It would be really great

I?d love to see a kind of butom "Click here to clone" in all modules

Still waiting however................

Draven
Re:Altern8News and News
  • 2004/10/10 16:10

• Draven

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/5/28

Both cloning of blocks and cloning of modules are on our todo list. I'll be talking on the revamp of the whole block system (cloning being only one of the improvements I hope to add), not sure if cloning modules has been taken on by anyone yet.

jfmoore
Re:Altern8News and News
  • 2004/10/10 16:47

• jfmoore

• Quite a regular

It's easy to see how cloning a module would be useful, but why would cloning blocks be good?

Login

Who's Online

223 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 223

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits