karedokx
Online Stories Module
  • 2004/10/5 8:54

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/1 6

I am looking for a Stories module, haven't found one that really suit my requirement.

I want to allow my website members to post stories (fan fiction stories). Probably something likes SoapBox, there will be list of stories, and in each story it will consist of chapters of the stories (it should have the link to the available chapters etc.).

Is this kind of module available?

Thanks.

karedokx
Re: Online Stories Module
  • 2004/12/26 13:21

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

Let me revive one of my old post.

One of my main requirements for my (xoops-based) website is a “story” module. Basically what I’m after is a module that will allow submission and publishment of stories (it can be a book translation or a fan fiction). Members of my website can submit a (request for) story title and brief description of the story, once approved, he/she (or other members) can then start submitting the chapters of the story.

I have created some web pages to better describe my requirements: SAMPLE STORY PAGES.

As you all can see, it is basically an article module with only one additional feature, which is ability for the users to submit new Topic (AMS term) or Category (Article term) or Section (wf-section term) or Column (SoapBox term) - currently all the available article modules only allow us to submit the articles.

- Create New Story [basically similar to submitting a new Topic/Category]
- Submit Chapters [similar to submitting an article]

I think the ability to submit for a new Topic/Category/Section/Column (by the users) will be beneficial for the current Article Mgt modules too.

Brash/Mith/Hsalazar (btw – where is he now?)/AndyM can you cover this in the future release of your module? Or probably the other developers can help me on this? Taking the current available Article Mgt modules and improve it to suit the requirement above (will it be a small hack/modification?).

Forget to mention one more thing: SmartSection seems to be really promising too. Marc, could you cover this requirement in your soon-to-be-released SmartSection?

Thanks. Thanks. Thanks.

davidl2
  • 2004/12/26 14:33

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

should certainly be possible to do this with wf-sections

Mithrandir

Quote:

karedokx wrote:
Brash/Mith/Hsalazar (btw – where is he now?)/AndyM can you cover this in the future release of your module? Or probably the other developers can help me on this? Taking the current available Article Mgt modules and improve it to suit the requirement above (will it be a small hack/modification?).

I won't - it does not suit my idea of what AMS is for. Feel free to add it yourself, though, the idea is nice, I just have no use for it.

davidl2
  • 2004/12/26 15:25

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

Perhaps a simple form / submit option - which can be linked to on the module - along the lines of "Submit story summary".... this wouldnt be going to the module itself - just be submitted like a variation of the "Contact" module - so site admin can see the story, approve the idea, and therefore allow it to be submitted...?

Alternatively - why not just let the story be submitted anyway - and simply tell the author if its not suitable?

Just a thought?

I have a project for a customer which needs a story module - so i've been trying to spend what little time I have on something like this :)

irmtfan
  • 2004/12/26 15:37

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

Quote:
I have a project for a customer which needs a story module - so i've been trying to spend what little time I have on something like this :)

nice job
some community sites need a fan fiction module.im looking forward to it

davidl2
  • 2004/12/26 15:54

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

Nothing like a module conversion i'm afraid - more of a few minor changes for WF-Section... and perhaps duplication of the module as I think WFS will aLSO be needed on the customer site :)

karedokx
  • 2004/12/27 2:24

• karedokx

• Quite a regular

i plan to use the (soon-to-be-released ) wf-section as the article module.

so if possible, i really like to have the fan-fiction module as a separate/different module. if it will be a clone version of the wf-section, it will be great.

davidl2
  • 2004/12/27 2:39

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

Don't think i'm developing a module here... i'm not!

I'm basically just going to edit the layout a bit to make it more suitable to a story format.... but - if I can - i may rename the relevent bits... so perhaps it sort-of will be a new module?

Dunno - it all depends on time - and if this client wants to pay me lots of money to work on it (That's the important bit! )

Login

Who's Online

74 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 74

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits