sbkiller
FireFox issue?
  • 2004/9/28 17:42

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

If you have problem with FireFox and the XOOPS we can't really tell because FireFox it's in PR (Preview Release) which is not a final version. You have to wait to see the Final version if it still occur the same problem with Xoops.

Internet Explorer 6:
It could be the best web appearance and compatible but lack of features.

FireFox 1.0 PR:
It's fast and lots of features + extensions + skins but web appearance is not as well as Internet Explorer. FireFox is based on Mozilla engine. Same to Netscape browser.

Try to stick with FireFox more than Internet Explorer. FireFox is the best browser for now.

Also there's a Avant Browser based on Internet Explorer engine. Avant Browser is a alternative additonal features for IE engine. One problem with the tabbing browser, is far more worst than FireFox tab features because Avant doesn't allow when the new windows will became tab but popup will be a tab too. It's also won't work well for those who use GMail.

Best to worst (for now)

FireFox
Internet Explorer
Mozilla
Avant Browser
Netscape
Safari
Opera

I also have a poll at my site on Fav. Browsers

www.maxmzone.com

Have a nice day!

Herko
Re: FireFox issue?
  • 2004/9/28 18:33

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Quote:

sbkiller wrote:
Internet Explorer 6:
It could be the best web appearance and compatible(...)

FireFox 1.0 PR:
It's fast and lots of features + extensions + skins but web appearance is not as well as Internet Explorer.(...)

You're saying MSIE is more standards compliant (read: open web standards compatible) then a Mozilla browser?? MSIE has the 'best' web appearance because many pages are built *especially* for MSIE, but these are *not* web standards compatible...

Other then that, a very nice comparison, thanks for the usefull info!

Herko

jctsup1
  • 2004/9/28 20:36

• jctsup1

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/5/23

Just to throw my 2 cents into the mix ----

IE is the WORST browser on the market as far as Standards go -- most times when a site looks fine in IE & not another browser is that the code used to generate the site is using propietary code only available for IE.

If you want a browser that conforms to standards, you need Mozilla or Firefox.

YourHelp
  • 2004/9/29 1:11

• YourHelp

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/6/9 6

I think that all the browsers are excellent they are all different slightly at viewing websites in there own way. That is why I have them all on my computer reason being when I create a theme I like to be able to see what its going to come across like to the viewer when visiting my webpage.

All these browsers do the same thing……… makes me wonder sometimes will the whole world of webpage’s and browsers some way change in the future where we don’t use browsers anymore and new way of getting information on the internet.

Variety is the spice of life

Anonymous
  • 2004/9/29 4:58

• Anonymous

• Since:

sbkiller
  • 2004/9/29 19:17

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

I have 50+ extensions installed, lol
and

I don't really like these:
Firesomething 1.6.0
User Agent Switcher 0.6
BBCode 0.3.2

I have these:
Xoops Search Bar for Firefox

I don't need these:
Web Developer 0.8

sbkiller
  • 2004/9/29 19:18

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

wow, even Jeffrey C. Tindillier, CIW Microsoft MVP - IIS said IE 6 is bad....

noisia
  • 2004/9/29 21:30

• noisia

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/24

Even if FireFox is not as good as IE, do you think it could run the WYSIWYG editor?

I was adding some event using Mozila FireFox Browser (http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/)into my Agenda-X 2.2.0

To my surprise the editor came up with the spaw editor window, with all the functionality to do wysiwyg editing.

Then I tried to edit articles in WF-sections, but the spaw editor did not show up.

Then I tried to spoof by installing user [b]agent switcher [/B],

so that the browser identifies as Internet Explorer:
[URL=http://useragentswitcher.mozdev.org/]http://useragentswitcher.mozdev.org/[/URL]

Then the Spaw editor pops up in WF-sections, but the input screen is blocked. ;-(

It might be possible to get it working though, since WYSIWYG works in Agenda-x

sbkiller
  • 2004/9/30 0:21

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

It's possible but you have to wait for the developer to update the coding to make it compatible. Or you can directly ask him or request this fix, if you need it as soon as possible.

zcreem
  • 2004/10/15 11:02

• zcreem

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/9/2 8

Firefox, simply the best day to day browser- love it.
Opera - used to be my favourite, still use it for testing.
IE 6.0 - Better than it was at least it blocks some of the crap now, I only do IE occasionaly now I am trying to kick the habit. I would be happier if MS would try just a little to keep up with the standards, still no transparency support for PNG, after all this time, WHY?
I have decided to go for broke and use the 24 bit transparencey PNG with a note to the viewer, that should the images look crap they have a crap rendering machine on their desktop i.e. IE.
Any thoughts on this madness of mine?

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits