sdmacint
All forums are visible in Newbb 2.0
  • 2004/9/29 11:00

• sdmacint

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/9

Hi Gang,

I upgraded to newbb 2.0 last night. Let me begin by saying - Great Job!

I have one question and I think it is more of a user (my) error than anything else.

I have set one of my category's Global Access to members of my "Officers" group. I have set the forums in that category to be both Active and Inactive. As well, all of the permissions forums in that category are set to allow access to the "Officers" group.

When a user who is only a member of the "Registered Users" group logs into the system and reads the boards, they are able to see all of the forums in the category noted above. They can enter the forum and read the subject headings but are unable to read the messages (they get a permission denied message).

My question is: Is this the way it is designed to work? It was my understanding that if you did not have access to a forum granted to you, the forum would be hidden from you. Have I misconfigured something? Did I miss a setting somewhere? Some of the subject headings in the "Officer's" forums should not be viewed by the regular members.

I plan to look at this again today (I was at it until 2:00am and I was a little fuzzy last night. Any and all suggestions are most welcome!

Sean

Dave_L
Re: All forums are visible in Newbb 2.0
  • 2004/9/29 11:13

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

If Registered Users don't have Global Access to a forum, then the forum shouldn't be visible at all. Make sure that caching isn't enabled for the module.

Login

Who's Online

189 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 189

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits