tienm
Full e-mail functionality
  • 2004/3/20 11:47

• tienm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/16

Dear all,

I would like to see something like openwebmail.org being integrated, including functionality for creating mailaccounts.

This gives me the option to easily create full e-mail functionality (webmail and pop/imap) to my users.

More in a process style: If someone creates a username it could create (depending on the settings) an e-mail account (webmail only or webmail & pop depending on the group settings where the user belongs to) a well. After (automatic or manually) the useraccount is activated, he's able to use webmail and/or pop/imap.

I would LOVE this

Mathijs Tieleman.

bbgds
Re: Full e-mail functionality
  • 2004/9/19 7:12

• bbgds

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/23

I agree. I think this would greatly ennhance Xoops. To be able to offer users the ability to not only browse their email through a Xoops-based browser, but also to create a completely independent webmail account via Yahoo! or Google would be awesome.

bbgds

pemen
  • 2004/9/19 18:38

• pemen

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/7/8 7

Really, is would be a very good functionnality for XOOPS.
Before, it would be necessary to choose an webmail opensource project to integrate it in XOOPS.

Is OPENWEBMAIL the best ??

pemen
  • 2004/9/19 18:58

• pemen

• Not too shy to talk

Openwebmail is code in PERL not in PHP. It must be too difficult to integrate with XOOPS.

vinit
  • 2004/9/19 19:33

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/1/10

What about these ones

Project Zen Webmail
NOCC Webmail Client
SquirrelMail
horde etc

personally would like to see something like amail.com comming in..

the only problem with getting in mailing system would be checking spams and furhter more this would require chunks of webspace. 2000 users with 10mb account takes you out with 20gb of webspace directly. And hosting costs

Bassman
  • 2004/9/19 21:53

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

I've tried porting Project Zen to Xoops. It seems to have ben successful, except that I have been unable to get it to connect to my email server :( If anyone wants to take it further, please let me know.

tom
  • 2004/9/19 22:21

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

I already have this feature, although it is using a commercial script called Hive Mail:

Link to Hive Mail

I have custom scripts that allows blocks in XOOPS to show members of new mails, what in there other box's, this webmail program also has calanders and much more, they allow pipe E-mail and also catch all accounts, so if you host allows a E-mail account to catch all, the program then deals with forwarding it to the right members. one a user signs on to XOOPS they get a E-mail account by simply logging into the mail script.

My Mods do make changes to the core of Xoops, and the E-mail works seperate to xoops, although they use the same userbase, like a multi log in, so you would have a XOOPS site and E-mail site, using the same info in sync with a full XOOPS block.

Because it's commercial you would need to purchase it from them, I would then be willing to sell this module on. (And no the software is not GPL, although I have it intergrated into Xoops, so the code cannot be re-distibuted for free).

This option is open to you.

tom
  • 2004/9/19 22:30

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

I forgot to mention it can also work with spam assasin, allows users to report spam so the mod can ban from that E-mail spam account.

Allows you to set mail box sizes per group (Xoops Group), so your subscription groups could have bigger inbox's and more features, like spell checkers, etc.

pemen
  • 2004/9/20 7:17

• pemen

• Not too shy to talk

Hi,

I don't think that create an email account under XOOPS is very important.
XOOPS needs a good webmail client interface to consult mails store on remote mail server.

smcgw
  • 2004/9/20 10:52

• smcgw

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/9 8

Hi there!
Do you have a demo available of the hivemail mod???

I have purchased hivemail sometime ago and am rather interested in seeing this and probably purchasing it..

How much are you asking for this mod???

Best regards

Login

Who's Online

89 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 89

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits