nuance9
How can you directly insert a block?
  • 2004/9/13 18:12

• nuance9

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/13

By default the only way to display a block is through the admin interface. That is nice and simple, but highly limits what you can do.

How can I directly call a specific block to display in the PHP code? It has got to be possible.

nuance9
Re: How can you directly insert a block?
  • 2004/9/13 18:38

• nuance9

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/13

Hmmm.

Well I don't know how to specifically insert a block yet. But this is what I did as a temporary hack. I am not using the center-right or center-left block areas at all.

So I did the following to sort of accomplish what I want. I assign a block I want to custom insert to the center-right alignment. I then copy the following out of the theme.html file:

<{foreach item=block from=$xoops_crblocks}>
    <{include 
file="<YOUR THEME NAME>/theme_blockcenter_r.html"}>
<{/foreach}>

I can now place that code ANYWHERE (as far as I know) in the site.

In the main theme I erase the above code, because I don't want that block showing up as part of the entire site theme - just where ever I assign that code now.

DonXoop
Re: How can you directly insert a block?

That is rather clever! Since I am using all the positions for at least one block I had been hoping for a new "floating" position option so I can acomplish arbitrary placement.

This topic has been discussed sometime in the past if I remember. There are issues trying to satisfy all the needs but even one extra unused position could be a work around.

It would be an advanced option but it sounds hackable. Your idea is doable now and could work on sites with an unused position.

Login

Who's Online

127 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 127

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits