Speed
Legends of Greyhawk gets Xooped
  • 2004/9/13 1:24

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

Thanks to more people than I can start to list, I've converted this site over from phpNuke to Xoops. These forums are awesome. I've learned more about css and php in the last few months than I though possible. And truth be told, it wasn't that painful....

Legends of Greyhawk is a support site for the Neverwinter Nights persistent world of the same name. It's a group of roleplayers that have created a world that is online 24/7 with game masters that introduce new storylines frequently. The website gives the players and game masters a place to coordinate, discuss and comment on the game and the game world.

Please note that it's a closed membership site built by me but run by others than myself so please keep that in mind when viewing and be considerate of the folks there. I wanted to post the site as an example in case anyone else is doing similiar things with their website that I might be able to help with. The only things that you cannot see as a non-member are the private forums, so no need to register really.

Post comments/criticisms/suggestions here, not on the linked website forums. Thanks!

I'm considering converting to a two column format since I really don't need a right-hand column.

Downloads aren't hooked up right now. All of our files are accessed via ftp so I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to add that option.

I'm soooo looking forward to NewBB2 so I can hide the hidden forums.

The server isn't dedicated so it lags at times. Sorry.

Ok, enough of my apologizing.... http://log.game-host.org is the address.

Bassman
Re: Legends of Greyhawk gets Xooped
  • 2004/9/13 1:42

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Nice theme.

One thing, @800 x 600 the page scrolls sideways. It's not a problem for me as my res is 1024 x 768, but I was interested to see what happened with that nice logo image at a lower res.

I'm only mentioning this because I did a theme for a Neverwinter Nights 2 site http://nwn2.ath.cx/ that had to have 2 different CSS files - one for 800 x 600 and another for larger resolutions, so the logo looked nice on both.

Speed
Re: Legends of Greyhawk gets Xooped
  • 2004/9/13 3:45

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

Yes, I was planning to do the same.

Real life however is getting in the way again so I'm picking my battles. On the upside, only 2 of their users are at 800x600 so I'm not toooooo concerned. But the perfectionist in me is going to make me go back and do it right sooner than later.

Login

Who's Online

464 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 464

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits