ChadK
Re: Report about the newbb
  • 2004/7/22 14:17

• ChadK

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/9 1

What are the issues? It seems to be working very well onhttp://testsite.xoops2.org/
Good enough for me anyway.. what version is running there? Is that the version that's available to download at:http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/?newbb
?

I REALLY need to get a forum installed. This old newbb isn't cutting it and my users are dropping off the site because the forum blows. The new one would help me retain users and make my life easier.

Posted by Predator on testsite Posted on: 2004/5/6 20:06:
Quote:
The release should be within this month, hopefully i finished or one of the team a converter...

Speed
  • 2004/8/6 15:12

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

Just checking on mod status. With the new 2.0.8 imminent with the new News system I'd like to move forward with my site development. Any new updates?

Also, what is the status on a phpBB --> NewBB2 conversion?

Many thanks for all you've done!

Anonymous
  • 2004/8/6 18:32

• Anonymous

• Since:

I´m Online again since yesterday, because i did a lot of changes in my life:

a) move to regensburg

b) finished the old job i had to work 7 days a week the last juni weeks and the rest of july to get all projects close to July, so i can leave the old company.

c) Start a new Job with more money and better Working time, so i have now for the future more Time for XOOPS

d) sell the flat in Berlin and buy a new one in Regensburg

e) change Provider, because my old one is not available in Regensburg.

f) New Provider tokes 3 weeks to get me online and connect the Telefon.

So i first clear my Mailbox Client i received 1817 Email and give you more information on the weekend, also to the other sites.

Sorry, but the changes where longer planned but happens then really fast...

Greetz Predator

P.S. I´m happy to be back and Online

Mithy and phppp did keep working on the newbb the last days so i merge this the next days to have a uptodate Code and force the work on it to get the lost time back

Herko
  • 2004/8/6 18:42

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Good to see you're back Pred! Also, Mercibe is really wanting to contact you, he has 2 full time developers working on xoopsForge since this week

Herko

Speed
  • 2004/8/6 19:42

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

Welcome back and thanks for the great news -- both on XOOPS and the nice changes to your personal life!

sdmacint
  • 2004/8/31 12:21

• sdmacint

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/9

Hi Gang,

Just wondering if there are any updates on this module. I am very keen to get it up and running and was wondering at what stage it's at.

Sean

Herko
  • 2004/8/31 13:01

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Curently it's in Beta 3 phases, and it's very near completion. Check out dev.xoops.org for more detailed information.

Herko

nick89
  • 2004/9/11 11:39

• nick89

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/9 8

Quote:

ladon wrote:
Predator,

Something I was wondering about. Because newbb is using a lot of corefunctions (and is going to use even more) this might be an issue for some, at least it is for me. I think it's a good thing that the forum is well intergrated and that it uses many global functions.

However, one function in particular is bothering me. In the personal user settings a user can choose thread, flat or nested view. I don't like the fact that this applies to the forum as well. I know there are a lot of people who like this but I don't. I am planning to disable these options for my users and I want to set the view options to different settings for the forum and the commentsystem (flat for forum and nested for comments).

Is it possible that view settings can be separated? I know it is yet another whistle or bell (something like that), but I think it would be very usefull.

Navigate to /modules/newbb/viewtopic.php
Line 58 is currently empty.
If you want to force flat mode add the following on line 58 -
$viewmode = 'flat';
If you want to force threaded mode add the following on line 58 -
$viewmode = 'thread';

Note this will still alow the 'clicking' of the flat/threaded link on each forum page to change, if you do not want to allow this then do the above on line 66. OR alternatively remove it from the template.

Login

Who's Online

102 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 102

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits