coachdash
Membership Group Admin
  • 2004/8/26 22:46

• coachdash

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/31

I'm building a closed membership site where the admin or appropriately authorized helper is adding new users. I need to be able to assign multiple groups at the time that a new user is created and also when users are edited. Users However, should not have the access to change their groups.

I know user/membership management is a key point for the next release... Hate to be impatient but this will save me and said helper many hours of adding users to groups via that Group modify page.

I've figured out how to show groups that users are a member of, but I haven't figured out how to provide radio buttons to select and assign groups while new users are created.

Anyone, done anything like this? Reg Codes and Reg Keys are an option but not the most efficient or elegant. I'm not sending out registration emails for users to validate from and I'm not allowing new users to register. I could set it up for admin or helper to use the register.php with codes or keys, but again I don't think it is the most efficient... Thoughts?

I've created the appropriate groups that I want and all I have to do is check a box for each user... How do I make the boxes on the new user and edit user screens?

Thanks

coachdash
Re: Membership Group Admin
  • 2004/9/3 19:47

• coachdash

• Just popping in

*bump* Please Anyone!

rossi
  • 2004/9/6 18:07

• rossi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/24

Hi coachdash!

I'm currently working on adding such features to reg_codes module but have stoped developing until 15.09.'04 (have to do some exams). I'll anounce my work after get it compleate.

Cheers!

coachdash
  • 2004/9/9 1:39

• coachdash

• Just popping in

Quote:
I'm currently working on adding such features to reg_codes module but have stoped developing until 15.09.'04 (have to do some exams). I'll anounce my work after get it compleate.

Best of luck to you on your exams. I've got plenty of other mods to work on in wait for your changes.

Cheers!

Login

Who's Online

105 user(s) are online (43 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 105

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits