-Page
How to get articles to display nicley!
  • 2004/9/2 5:25

• -Page

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/16

How the heck do you get articles in Xoops! to look good?

I don't want the date it was posted or by who ect, just article teasers with the read more link.

Some of the sites that I've seen have done a great job at the like Fantasyasylum.com, but how??

I would really like to see more sites that have organized their content outside of the standard and if possible, what they used and how they got it to go.

- If you know of a site using Xoops! that has it articles displayed in a clean, nice format, please post the link here so that the rest of us can see whats posible!

falke
Re: How to get articles to display nicley!
  • 2004/9/2 6:38

• falke

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/25

I agree... thats what I am looking for too

tjnemez
  • 2004/9/2 7:53

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

thats the beauty of the template system, just open any template in your editor and play with the code.

hervet
  • 2004/9/2 16:37

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Hi,

May be they are using spotlight but as tjnemez says, you can also do it by playing with the templates

Bye,
Hervé

-Page
  • 2004/9/3 3:48

• -Page

• Just popping in

This is interesting, this Forum post by Mr. Wizard (Mithrandir) refers to a very nicely done site (unfinished as yet), xoops.web-udvikling.dk who has his (/her) news laid out in an a nice, 2-collom format.

Mithrandir says that it's the "column" setting in the module preferences, but I don't see any column options in - the General Configuration options (which is where the module preferences link goes to). ??

- The standard NEWS module does seem to be the ticket though for simple, organized references.

Still, how do you get this 2 column look and how do you remove and or re-position these automatically added Elements such as the post date, read count, byte size and comments?

I looked through the templates under the news module and it only displayes these codes in the page - "<{if $displaynav == true}>, <{/if}> <{section name=i loop=$stories}> <{include file="db:news_item.html" story=$stories[i]}>
<{/section}>
<{$pagenav}>
<{include file='db:system_notification_select.html'}>

- So, nothing obvious like %%post_date%% etc...

tjnemez
  • 2004/9/3 3:59

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

-Page
  • 2004/9/3 4:53

• -Page

• Just popping in

YES! YES! YES!!!

I updated this module, set the columns to 2, did a search in the CSS for the color code and changed it to my color, dropped in my own friend and print.gifs and it's fricken perfect!

The only thing I'm loven lately more than Xoops! is the people it attracts!

Thanks guys!

Login

Who's Online

275 user(s) are online (169 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 275

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits