lawncha
How do you change the default forum layout?
  • 2004/8/26 10:16

• lawncha

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/26

As in, for posts? I know that if you click the "flat" button, it changes it to non-threaded, but how do I make it so it's non-threaded all the time?

Skythe
Re: How do you change the default forum layout?
  • 2004/8/26 15:47

• Skythe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/2 2

One way to do it would be:
- replace the content of newbb_viewtopic_thread.html with the content of newbb_viewtopic_flat.html, leaving the file names untouched
- remove the links that change between formats from both templates

Now the only remaining format is flat. And no bad is done to members using the threaded template either, cause its still there and valid - just not threaded.

rcjohnson
  • 2004/8/26 15:55

• rcjohnson

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/23

Or.......

You could just go to your administration panel, select preferences, and change the default "Comment Display Mode" to threaded.

Then update the System Module.

I don't think this will update the users that have already signed up. I had the same problem and just sent them all a private message to change the layout in the user account profile.

Skythe
  • 2004/8/27 20:29

• Skythe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/2 2

Quote:

rcjohnson wrote:
Or.......

You could just go to your administration panel, select preferences, and change the default "Comment Display Mode" to threaded.

Then update the System Module.

I don't think this will update the users that have already signed up. I had the same problem and just sent them all a private message to change the layout in the user account profile.

Well that would leave "threaded" as an option, which is what lawncha wanted to avoid if i got him right ("how do I make it so it's non-threaded all the time?").

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits