yellowchimp
new domain name - what will happen?

I have created a site and it is now finished. Phew

But it will now be moved so that the address of it is different as it has been created behind a firewall as an extension onto a different domain (something to do with ports). Buut now it will be put under a new domain name. Will this affect anything I've done?

ackbarr
Re: new domain name - what will happen?

After the site is moved, modify mainfile.php changing the XOOPS_URL line to the final domain of your site. If the MySQL database is on a different machine than the webserver you'll have to update the XOOPS_DB_HOST value as well

yellowchimp

thanks

will changing the url in the mainfile.php cause all th instances of the old domain to be replaced by the new one. You see links between my content pages in icontent were automatically changed by icontnet to have the old domain name.

Stewdio
  • 2004/8/24 14:28

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

You may have to change custom links created in some of your content pages. Just be sure to go over module and check your links to be sure they reflect the new domain. In some case, where you used just /path/to/file without the accompanying yourdomain.com prefix, you should be fine.

Anything with yourOldDomain.com should be changed to yourNewDomain.com

Login

Who's Online

346 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 346

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits