rhynp
Customisation of Xoops Registration screen
  • 2004/8/2 18:45

• rhynp

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/1 7

I am new to Xoops.

My PHP skills are not great.

I wish to add additional fields to the XOOPS Registration page in order better classify my members.

Is there an easy way of doing this? Does anyone know?

ackbarr
Re: Customisation of Xoops Registration screen

In XOOPS 2.0.x this is not a simple customization, as you'd have to modify the sql tables involved, then modify several XOOPS pages (the registration scripts, View Account, Edit Account, and System Module admin user modify pages). XOOPS 2.1 will include a feature that allows the admin to create / remove fields from the user profile, but that code hasn't been completed yet. Perhaps someone would be willing to modify the registration process to match your needs.

tusovka
  • 2004/8/3 1:43

• tusovka

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/21

can you tell me which tables do i have to modify to add more fields. im also trying to change the userinfo page. i got all the web pages and the site_users sql table, but it still doesnt work. please help.

ackbarr

you also have to modify the XoopsUser class in /kernel/user.php. In particular the constructor function XoopsUser::XoopsUser() has lines like this:
$this->initVar('name'XOBJ_DTYPE_TXTBOXnullfalse60);

the initVar function is described in the Xoops API
Add lines for each of your added fields. While you are in /kernel/user.php also modify the SQL queries used in XoopsUserHandler::insert() so that user INSERT and UPDATE sql queries know about the fields you added.

dheltzel
  • 2004/8/3 16:18

• dheltzel

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/1/8 1

If your needs are not too extensive, you might be able to repurpose some exiting fields that you aren't using. For example, you could change the "ICQ" field to a memberid or member number. This only requires changing the language files (language/english directory - search for ICQ).

As already mentioned, better solutions are coming, so if you can use this for now, I'd do that.

Be aware that any changes you make to the XOOPS core, whether modifying just a language file, or hacking the user object, will be overwritten if you upgrade XOOPS in the future. That means you have to keep redoing your changes with each update.

Dennis

rhynp
  • 2004/8/3 18:49

• rhynp

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/1 7

Do you have any idea when XOOPS 2.1 will be available?

ackbarr

no release date has been set yet.

kjs222
  • 2004/8/7 20:04

• kjs222

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/3/1 1

Hi There,

I too am interested in extending the user table in the database. I've hacked a couple sites already to take out AIM/MSN and replace them with relevant user data, however updated site specifications call for user fields similar to:

https://psoriasis.org/secure/membership.php

(No, I am not at all associated with this site)

One idea that's always been at the back of my mind is to retain the old XOOPS User table integrity (thereby avoiding headaches on upgrades) and instead simply add a module that handles the extra information, and on the database side have a table that links to User's primary ID... ... but I'm guessing no-one's done that yet?

I'm pretty sure a lot of XOOPS admins out there have already created such a user info table (since it's standard for any kind of snail-mail communication or demographic research).

So... I guess I'll either have to start hacking the user table or wait; all the same, I'd be interested in hearing how others addressed this issue, and if anyone has these "standard" fields successfully coded.

All the best for a fast 2.1 release!

Keith

haryadoon
  • 2004/8/17 3:22

• haryadoon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/29

I need to subscribe the user to a specific group when he/she ticks a box on the registration (and user edit) page. Has anyone done that before ? Or is there a better way to do it ?

I have a new group, "newgroup", that is used for emails only. If the user opts in, they should be able to add themselves to the group. The only way to do this now is to log in as admin and manually update the group with the new users.

sudhaker
  • 2004/8/17 4:13

• sudhaker

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/2/6 2

There is some module named reg-key, doing something similar. Check that if that suits your requirement.

Login

Who's Online

153 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 153

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits