kjs222
CRM (Customer Relations Manager) Module?
  • 2004/8/9 14:38

• kjs222

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/3/1 1

Is there a simple CRM module that includes snail-mail personal information tracking linked to the standard XoopsUser?

General Specificaitons
Quote:

The Information needed for standard snail-mailing applications is:

Title 
First Name 
Middle Name 
Last Name 
Suffix 
Mailing Address 
City 
State/Province 
Zip/Postal Code 
Country 
Phone 
E-Mail (overlap from Xoops)

The idea behind this module is to collect information from each individual user (private per-user) and also for staff to be able to manage that information (all users).

Note that all this information should be processed using javascript/backend verifiers for correct-ness. Also note that a "GOOD" solution would not only provide these fields, but include the kind of user-friendly - possibly javascript-automated pull-downs for things like Title, Suffix, State/Province, & Country. Also, a "GOOD" solution should have some intelligence when checking phone number and zip/postal code.

- Due to the headaches of version controlling and system upgrading (particularly in light of possible overhauls of UserInfo in XOOPS 2.1), I'm leaning towards a separate module linked to the XoopsUserID. The information in this module wouldn't need to be embedded into current pages (like registration, User Profile, or Edit Profile) rather it could simply be a link from these pages to the module's own page.

I've looked into wjue's guanxicrm site, and while it looks promising, there doesn't appear to be a prototype available (for XOOPS Module). Also, as my site is primarily for US/Canada contacts, I'm not sure if his module is suited for that (he specifies other countries as the target).

Also, on this thread, Ackbarr mentions that the new XOOPS 2.1 might include customized user information tools. This seems interestesting to me, however, I havn't found a link to see what features the new version offers (can anyone provide me with that?).

Finally, I've looked at general PHP CRM systems (which was what first led me to wjue's module), but most of these appear to be more complicated than what I'm looking for, and I don't have any experience (yet) of porting PHP scripts to XOOPS modules.

If none an existing module nor a new XOOPS version exists, then I'd consider creating a module that suits my needs myself (or trying to find a XOOPS developer to do it for me - if you're interested, PM me with your experience and price).

So, I'm interested in feedback on a number of levels:
1. Might guanxicrm work for me in the forseeable future?
2. Are there any other XOOPS Modules that could handle my specifications?
3. Is there a link to / what are the features of the new XOOPS user system for XOOPS 2.1?
4. How difficult is it to port another PHP script to XOOPS (or would it be easier to start from scratch)?
5. If you're interested in being contracted for development in this project (given no other solutions work), PM me your rate / experience.
6. If you were in my situation, what would you do?

Many thanks,
Keith

Login

Who's Online

174 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 174

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits