mortis
After installing and logging in to XOOPS in I see the login notification page and am redirected back
  • 2004/8/1 17:38

• mortis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/1 1

Hi all,

I have just gotten XOOPS up and running but I can't logon as admin.

Im running:

Xoops 2.0.7
php-4.3.8
mysql-4.0.20d
IIS6

I have now tried everything described is previous posts regarding this problem but nothing seems to help. For the record, Im not behind a FW - Im working on the server console. I have switched all debugging I can both in my IIS and PHP.

Anyone??

Thanks
Morten

Morrey
Re: After installing and logging in to XOOPS in I see the login notification page and am redirected back
  • 2004/8/3 10:59

• Morrey

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/3 1

I'm having the same problem, when I want to login into the admin section, it says This is your first time to enter the administration section. Press the button below to proceed., after I pressed "Submit", the "logging you in" page apears.
However after it has loaded, the same "first admin login" page apears again, the circle starts over and over again.

I had the same problem when I used fantastico to install XOOPS 2.0.6, so I uploaded XOOPS 2.0.7 to see if the problem was fixed.

The server I'm on is running:
Apache version 1.3.31 (Unix)
MySQL version 4.0.20-standard
PHP version 4.3.8

Is there a way I can bypass this "first admin login"? perhaps by entering a value into the database somewhere?
thnx

Morrey
Re: After installing and logging in to XOOPS in I see the login notification page and am redirected back
  • 2004/8/3 11:44

• Morrey

• Just popping in

I turned debugging on using "http://wiki.xoops.org/wakka.php?wakka=TroubleshootingBlankPage"

And I get this error:
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: HTTP_REFERER in file include/functions.php line 433

I've installed WMServer Tools v3.0 with the following specs:
Operating System: Windows NT MORREY 5.1 build 2600
Web Server: Apache/2.0.49 (Win32) PHP/4.3.6
PHP Version: 4.3.6
MySQL Version: 4.0.18-nt

Here I have no problems with running xoops

Morrey
  • 2004/8/4 9:30

• Morrey

• Just popping in

does have anyone some kind of idea what this problem can solve? What does that "first time admin login" do? Can I write a value somewhere in the database to bypass this problem?

Herko
Re: After installing and logging in to XOOPS in I see the login notification page and am redirected
  • 2004/8/4 9:33

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

It tries to create an adminmenu.php file in the cache/ folder. So that folder must be writable by the system (eg. the apache user).

Herko

Herko
Re: After installing and logging in to XOOPS in I see the login notification page and am redirected
  • 2004/8/4 10:45

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

OK, I just encountered the same problem myself, and solved it by (temporarily) disabeling the firewall (I use Kerio).

Herko

Morrey
  • 2004/8/4 11:48

• Morrey

• Just popping in

Kerio? ohw I'm using it too, haven't tried to shut it down, I hope that will solve it

edit: ah thanks, bit weird that my firewall interfered someway, now I'm curious why...lol thanks anyway!

kwfoo
  • 2004/8/10 1:55

• kwfoo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/10

I'm using Internet Explorer with Norton Internet Security enable also encounter the same problem.

Problem solved after I disable the Internet Security.

If I turn the securit on after I went into the Administrator menu, All the updates that I made will not be updated to the database. Problem solved once I turn it off.

It is just temporary solve the problem and not a permanent solution. Any one can advice how to solve the problem permanently?

Best regards,
KW Foo

JamieWolf
  • 2004/8/11 8:45

• JamieWolf

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/10

I have the same Problem here, too.

I'm also using Kerio PF and its really anoying to always disabel the firewall to get into Administration of my Sites...

Okay and here is a small workaround for Kerio:

Go to Configuration Menu of Kerio
Select Web
Add a site, enter the URL of your site and tell Kerio that this site is allowed to do anything.

Click on apply and everything should work now.

x0x_MAD_x0x
  • 2004/8/14 1:59

• x0x_MAD_x0x

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/14

well, my cache folder had the permissions 777 and it still would not work. so i went into ftp and created a adminmenu.php file myself and uploaded it into the cache folder. After that i could get past the "first time admin login loop". heheh..that's what i have donnned it.

Anyway, the admin menu is blank. I am an avid PHP-Nuke User and I do some programming, including designing themes and graphics for Nuke and HTML sites. But I am unsure what I should do about a blank admin menu page. Any suggestions? Is this how it is supposed to appear? How do I add/manage content with a blank admin panel? Also, if XOOPS proves to be superior to PHP-Nuke, then I would be interested in designing themes for XOOPS production team to use with the new versions releases. Who do I contact?

Thanks for your time and response on these matters. You can email me at webmaster@Mad-Creations.tk

Login

Who's Online

175 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 175

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits