iHackCode
Re: Member See Index Page When Click on Link Buttons~How to Change or Redirect

if you had to edit the .htaccess file to add index.php to the DirectoryIndex list.. would that mean that httpd.conf file on the server is not set up correctly?
CBB / LatestNews / Publisher / XM-Spotlight

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

NoLimit24_FJ

Hi Bandit-X,

I really have no clue on the httpd.conf file or the question proposed here...I only know that I did have to call my host provider and the information provider solved all issues with modules not going to the "main module" page. We simply corrected the file mentioned...I believe someone earlier mentioned that it could be on server config and that is why we decided to check with our providers...servers are many and as such, all configs differ a tad or much as some would say...

Even though server host do provider setup on the various gpn tools and sources such as xoops, nuke, jamola and more...they generally have a standarded config and many will find they need to contact support with host provider to "tweak" the issues...

Maybe someone else can assist you with this...but I do appreciate your response and taking time to do so

Jim
NoLimit24_FJ

Peekay
  • 2008/6/19 20:10

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

The server is badly set up for web hosting if this happens. Typing the folder name alone should automatically load a 'default' or 'index' page (php, asp or html) if one exists, or display an 'access forbidden' message.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

NoLimit24_FJ

Hi Peekay,

Thanks for your input...When you say the server is badly set up "when this happens"...I am taking it you mean our host provider...If so, can you perhaps recommend the host who might have a better config?

I know we probably should not do this here on forums, but feel free to email me if you have time with any recommendations...

Jim
1nolimit@gmail.com

Thanks again...

Login

Who's Online

220 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 220

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits