DobePhat
Re: New agenda-x module
  • 2004/1/29 16:18

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

I prefer Agendax...
But yea time to move on...

I think it's mainly the appearance of PICAL that suffers. A lot of modification will have to be done to get the slick look of the Agenda module...But I think Im going to finally start making changes...(this is just css stuff and graphic stuff which has been set -up in a way to be modified)

I'll share this.."Skin" with anyone who is interested...
Give me a week Ill have the skin...

madsen
  • 2004/1/29 20:50

• madsen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/24

In my eyes you really can't compare the two...

PiCal is soo much more competent (reaccuring events, iCal import/export, flexibel, group premissions...) in my opinion.

It's correct that the "original" colors are "not so cool" but it's fully adjustable in the Admin.

The "biggest" thing that I miss in piCal is the category thing but with version 0.60 this is fixed!

Do you wan't to see a site that with piCal installed, check out one of my sites:
IPSC Malmö

//Madsen

svaha
  • 2004/1/29 21:50

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

Quote:
by Mithrandir on 2004/1/29 13:20:11

Please. Give the man some space.
A week is not a helluva long time in development, when you have other things to do as well.

It can really be stressing to have people 'nagging' you for news on release dates etc. which can seriously hinder creativity

Aloha

thebigkk
  • 2004/1/29 22:12

• thebigkk

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/10/27

Sorry, I don't intend nagging, and understand the development processes and issues. All i am asking is some sort of ballpark figure. What is YOUR definition of soon. When ppl say soon in this forum, are they talksing days, weeks, or months? I ask this because I'm trying to put it in the right context. I have no intention of holding it over someone. Just trying to get SOME sort of idea.

Cheers.

Mithrandir

Personally, when I say soon it means that I may find time to look at it within the next two weeks.

If it is not a big change, I'll probably be working on it for 1-2 days.

However, it may also mean that it takes 3-4 weeks before I get a chance to look at it, plus some extra time to figure out how to do it, if the problem is bigger than I thought. Plus some debug time and testing that it doesn't suddenly create problems elsewhere in the code. That sort of thing.

So soon can be anything from 2 days to 1½ months. Really impossible to say - especially for spare-time projects.

wjue
  • 2004/1/30 9:19

• wjue

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/8/3 7

If things go smoothly, chances are that I release a beta next week.

wjue

thebigkk
  • 2004/1/30 12:22

• thebigkk

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/10/27

Thanks guys. Thats all I was after. I had no idea of what "soon meant in the context of xoops, and this forum.

Thanks for the help.

/nagging off

DobePhat
  • 2004/2/2 16:11

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

madsen:

Well I must admit after looking at and testing the latest version of Pical I am quite impressed. What this module needs is some Documentation (Or is there some already)
Never the less....I will be offering up a New Skin for Pical soon....

Agendax....
still holds a place in my heart however because of its header options and Flat view. But I will be digging deeper to just how much "skinning" can be done on Pical...

(Testing these two latest versions is going to be Fun!)

madsen
  • 2004/2/2 19:25

• madsen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/24

DobePhat:
Regarding piCal.
- Documentation...hmmm...about the same amount as in any other module...
- Flat/List view? There is a list view in piCal 2.60.

- Skin? You can do alot of "tuning" with out "skins".

The only thing piCal does not have is the random picture but I dont rate that as a "heavy feature"...

Do you want to see a piCal in a live site? It's in swedish but you can look at it anyway.

http://ipsc.lsf.nu

//Madsen

Ps: No, I don't get paid by GIJOE for saying this...

Login

Who's Online

216 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 216

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits