• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/11

Hi,

Here are my details:
XOOPS Version: 2.0.7.3
PHP Version: 4.3.9
MySQL Version: 4.1.10
Web Server Software (Apache/IIS/Other): Apache

After logging with a correct username and password, I get the message: "Thank you for logging in. If you are not automatically redirected, plase click here"

Then I get redirected to the login page, and I am not logged in after all.

This applies to all users at my site

This means that nobody (incl. myself) can log in to my site, Hence - I'm a bit desperate...

Since this happened without me doing any system changes whatsoever, could it be that my service provider (where I have my installation) has done some changes that could provoke this?

I appreciate any hints and tricks on the issue.

Thanks.

martyboy
Re: Cannot login - redirected to login page after "successful" login
  • 2005/12/9 11:12

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/25

If you use cpanel, click on the MySQL databases check your XOOPS database using the check feature it's possible that some of your tables have not been closed properly and this can cause this error when logging in. If this is the case then click the repair function and this should solve the issue.

Hope this helps.
Michael Jackson = King Of Pop

Xoops = King Of CMS

bluenova

This could be a cookie issue, do u get ?PHPSESS=44544568 or somthing like that in the address bar after logging in? If so cookies are not storing.

A common problem is not having the address set correctly in mainfile.php make sure your address is http://www.mysite.com and not http://mysite.com

yagiuda
  • 2005/12/9 12:11

• yagiuda

• Just popping in

I do not have cpanel. I control the database using myPhpAdmin, and the domain, etc using a interface built by my service provider. But I'm a rookie, so if you would give me a tip on how to perform such a DB-check in myPhpAdmin, I'd be grateful.

I do not get any php-messages in the address bar after logging in - in fact the only thing in the address bar is .../module/news, which is my default starting page (same as before trying to log in)

The mainfile.php has the correct http://www.mysite.com notation.

Thanks for the tips so far guys. Please do not give up...

yagiuda
  • 2005/12/9 20:52

• yagiuda

• Just popping in

And here comes - a success story.

Martyboy put me on the track of something. And when I checked the status of the XOOPS DB-tables, (CHECK TABLE 'xoops_table') it turned out that the table xoops_session was corrupt.

I runned a REPAIR TABLE 'xoops_session' to fix it, and voila! - everything is back to normal.

Login

Who's Online

252 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 252

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits