XOOPS: XOOPS on GitHub: Let's Get involved!Posted by: Mambaon 2016/7/4 5:10:00 2380 reads
GitHub became "THE" tool of Open Source development!
It makes development, as well as collaboration with other developers, so much fun!
There are tons of tools that contribute to the Eco-system of GitHub and make our lives so much easier:
- you can test your code automatically with tools like Scrutinizer https://scrutinizer-ci.com/
- check your TODO items with https://todofy.org/
- continuous integration with Travis CI https://travis-ci.org/
- write documentation with GitBook: https://www.gitbook.com
and so many more: https://github.com/integrations
It is a lot of fun, and therefore we would like to invite all Xoopsers to create an account on GitHub (if you don't have one yet), and then let us know, so you can join us at our main GitHub XOOPS location:
Please note that we have several repositories on GitHub:
All the tutorials are available on GitBook Repository:
Really old themes, for XOOPS < 2.0.14
Not sure if XOOPS is still up to the challenge for the modern Web development and if you should get involved?
XOOPS developers and designers are always surprising us with the awesome Websites they are able to develop with XOOPS, like this one:
There is a LOT of happening in the world of XOOPS, and more is coming!
1) XOOPS 2.5.8 has been released, and it's PHP 7 compatible:
2) More and more modules are being converted to XOOPS 2.5.8 and PHP 7:
3) Our Roadmap for XOOPS 2.6.0 is also available, and we're hard at work on implementing it:
4) More and more tutorials are coming to GitBook Repository:
and all Xoopsers can collaborate on creating new ones, and contribute, like Kevin is doing right now with the "Kaotik Module Tutorial":
So let's get started! Please join us on GitHub, and let's bring the "Magic of XOOPS" back :)
Your XOOPS Development Team