Cifug
MyLinks 3.11 Problem
  • 2013/2/3 21:14

• Cifug

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2007/12/13

Hi, I have 2 problems with MyLinks 3.11

Problem 1), Lets say I have 200 total links with numerous categories. If I modify 1 link from a category with 20 links, the total count drops to 199 and the category count drops to 19. The link is still there in that category and is still searchable site wide it just no longer contributes towards the link counts. After modification it also is moved to the top of the recently added list which I think is wrong. I believe this is also a problem in EXTGallery 1.11

Problem 2), When adding a link, if I put this text in the description field:
It's a great site

I get this in the description:
It/'s a great site

Problem 2 is making me modify my link descriptions which in turn I'm losing my post count.

This has been a problem for quite some time and I have just simply not used that punctuation in my descriptions but I think it would be great if we could fix the problem.

I'm using:
Xoops 2.5.5
Apache 2.2.23
MySQL 5.0.96-community
PHP 5.3.17

Cheers,
Marty.

Cifug
Re: MyLinks 3.11 Problem
  • 2013/2/4 20:15

• Cifug

• Quite a regular

Any ideas?

Cifug
  • 2013/2/5 14:40

• Cifug

• Quite a regular

^^bump^^

Mamba
  • 2013/2/5 16:47

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Zyspec was going to look into it, once he finds some time.

In the meantime, please test WF-Links and let us know which one module you like better and why.

In the future, we will have to focus on one "Links module", as we don't have the resources to support several, so it would be good to have you feedback.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

zyspec
  • 2013/2/13 5:25

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

Cifug,

I'm working on a new version of mylinks and hope to have a beta ready for testing very soon. Here's a response to your items above:
Quote:
Problem 1), Lets say I have 200 total links with numerous categories. If I modify 1 link from a category with 20 links, the total count drops to 199 and the category count drops to 19. The link is still there in that category and is still searchable site wide it just no longer contributes towards the link counts.

I think this is now fixed. There was a problem in one of the count routines. Hopefully this is the one that was causing the problem you identified above. I'm still in the process of testing this to make sure...
Quote:
After modification it also is moved to the top of the recently added list which I think is wrong.
This is the way the original developer intended this to work. Using this method ensures that users are notified when a link is changed or updated.
Quote:
Problem 2), When adding a link, if I put this text in the description field:

It's a great site

I get this in the description:

It/'s a great site

I believe this is now fixed. The module was adding an extra '/' when trying to sanitize the data for display and insertion into the database.

Hopefully I can get you something to test soon. I've added a few new features and fixed a couple of other bugs. I think all the coding is done and now just need to test everything to make sure I didn't break anything too terribly.

Cifug
  • 2013/2/13 8:17

• Cifug

• Quite a regular

I did have a lot of trouble with wflinks:https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=351507

But haven't had much help. I know you guys are busy so didn't persist with it. I deleted wflinks and won't be revisiting it so I would vote for the development of mylinks as it is simple easy to use and does exactly what you want.

Looking forward to the mylinks update.

Cheers,
Marty

Login

Who's Online

108 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 108

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits