hipoonios
Stop Forum Spam in Protector is not working
  • 2012/4/21 21:39

• hipoonios

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/9/24

One of the reasons why I wanted to upgrade to latest Xoops version was to use the new Stop Forum Spam feature in Protector.

But it not working for me. I checked the IP's on www.stopforumspam.com and they are listed there.

I have the required CURL lib installed on my server.

I have set it to sanitizing in Protectors preferences. Is there anything else I need to do?
I love Xoops!

redheadedrod
Re: Stop Forum Spam in Protector is not working

Think you needed to install Xortify to make this work maybe?
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

DCrussader

Enable reCaptcha and upgrade to Wishcraft X-Forum, then everyone registered or guest will be forced to fill recaptcha field too :)
Also check this thread -https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=74990&forum=20

I usually avoid to use any 3rd party addons/services for protecting any of my sites using OpenSource CMS. HTACCESS is the best way to deal with spammers, check your CPanel logs (on HSP, not in XOOPS) for spammers IPs, then use Ip2 Country to detect them, and deny to whole country :)

The only one spammed so far remains phpFox but bcz the script is nulled and I use it only to complete translation, otherwise I don't need/keep any backdoors on my server opened....
May The Source Be With You!

hipoonios
  • 2012/4/26 17:30

• hipoonios

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/9/24

Stop Forum Spam seems to work now!

I have set it to 'ban ip" instead of sanitizing. I think that solved it.

No need to install anything extra else like Xortify.
I love Xoops!

Login

Who's Online

253 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 253

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits