sixpack
Module Recipe
  • 2012/4/11 15:17

• sixpack

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/5/28

Hello all,

I have found at j****la a very good module of the recipes, and i need you, because i would like to know if members would be interested in a recipe module for XOOPS ?

I have install this module (j***la) in this adress :http://www.recettes-et-vins.com, this is an exemple

If many members are interested I would ask the development of this module, but it will probably pay.

Thanks in advance for your answer

Bye

Six

Mamba
Re: Module Recipe
  • 2012/4/11 15:50

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

YooRecipe is a nice module.

We had one in the past called "Recette", but according to this thread, it was slow, and Chefry decided to use Publisher on his Website.

So having an updated and fast Recipe module would be very nice, but I am curious how many people would be willing to contribute financially to the development.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

sixpack
  • 2012/4/11 17:05

• sixpack

• Just popping in

Hi mamba,

Yes, I agree with you, on the other hand if you want new modules with follow-up should be able to get paid as modules for joomla to motivate the developer ?

Could we not make a donation system on sites specifically for xoops module development?
Only donor members would benefit from access modules downloads (In a first time) for these modules. It oragnise a vote for the selection of modules that may be of interest as many members and we pay a developer for a complete work on the module?

Everyone could make a donation to match its resources and with that we could pay the developer. What do you think?

Sorry but my english is not good :p

++

Six

timgno
  • 2012/4/11 17:07

• timgno

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/21

Quote:

sixpack wrote:
If many members are interested I would ask the development of this module, but it will probably pay.

To find out ...!

How much money would you spend on this module?

sixpack
  • 2012/4/11 17:31

• sixpack

• Just popping in

Hello timgno,

For J***la I paid 50 euros.

I received a quote for the complete creation of the module to 700 euros, but this is too much for me alone so I look for people who might be interested in visiting one such module even if it pays.

++

Six
<a href="http://www.cinefilms-hd.com">Hdcovers - Jaquettes DVD bluray HD</a>

sixpack
  • 2012/4/11 17:39

• sixpack

• Just popping in

I would find a way to boost the creation of modules with a background of donations would be expected for Developers
<a href="http://www.cinefilms-hd.com">Hdcovers - Jaquettes DVD bluray HD</a>

Mamba
  • 2012/4/11 18:02

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
Could we not make a donation system on sites specifically for xoops module development?
Only donor members would benefit from access modules downloads (In a first time) for these modules. It oragnise a vote for the selection of modules that may be of interest as many members and we pay a developer for a complete work on the module?

This is definitely something to consider. Whatever will contribute to faster development of XOOPS and XOOPS modules!

Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

timgno
  • 2012/4/11 18:13

• timgno

• Module Developer

• Since: 2007/6/21

Quote:
sixpack wrote:
For J***la I paid 50 euros.

I received a quote for the complete creation of the module to 700 euros, but this is too much for me alone so I look for people who might be interested in visiting one such module even if it pays.

700 Euro = 918,47 USD
I know that for a good module, wishcraft you also pay up to 1500 Australian Dollars, equivalent to 1180 Euros

redheadedrod

On some mobile phone sites they have what they call a "bounty" for people to put money in towards a goal. When someone completes the project that the bounty has been setup for then the bounty is paid to that person.

Not sure if this would be useful here though because it can start some negative competition if the bounty gets pretty high.
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

Peekay
  • 2012/4/12 8:40

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

The bounty idea mentioned by readheadedrod sounds like a good idea, as the successful developer would not be paid until the module was proven to work as intended. However, for the sake of Xoops, I would make it a condition that the developer can have the bounty money as reward for their hard work, but the finished module would have to be free GPL and made available for all Xoops users to benefit from.

Of course only contributors to the bounty would be able to beta test, as at some point they would be testing late RCs that would be more or less fully working. Plus, whoever managed the finances would need to have a protocol in place to deal with a situation where there were perhaps 20 contributors and only 18 were happy with the finished module.

Personally I think the competition would be great. The winner is the person that delivers a module that is 100% working and 100% bug free - exactly what Xoops needs IMHO.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits