Cifug
Downgrading Xoops??
  • 2012/2/14 7:15

• Cifug

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2007/12/13

Hey guys, is it possible to downgrade a xoops installation from 2.5.4 back to 2.5.0?

If so, how would I go about that?

Cheers,
Marty.

Cifug
Re: Downgrading Xoops??
  • 2012/2/14 13:11

• Cifug

• Quite a regular

Bump

Mamba
  • 2012/2/14 14:04

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Why would you want to do it?
What problems do you have?
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Cifug
  • 2012/2/18 8:13

• Cifug

• Quite a regular

Hi Mamba, I upgraded to 2.5.4 and am using the basic module pack and a lot is now broken. I think I may just start again sigh...

This website used to be very informative and of awesome support. As you can see I don't have many posts from 2007 when I joined as the search button has done well for me in the past.

Now, I have no idea what the hell is going on. I currently have 2 websites running, 1 is 2.5.0 with the basic module pack except i'm using AMS instead of FMcontent, the second website is 2.5.4 with the basic module pack except i'm using AMS instead of FMcontent...because honestly FMcontent just seams arkward, not sure why...just a personaly thing I supose.

The 2.5.0 site runs nice...and all is out of the box - download, install, set preferences, permissions and add content. All good.

The 2.5.4 site has taken me 20 times as long to set up and it is still broken with no light at the end of the tunnel.

Oh and hey... please don't get me wrong, I am not having a go at all the fine people putting in the hours coding out bugs and such. You guys are way more better men/women than I am. You guys deserve so much more! I am annoyed at the fact that 5 years ago I could download the core files and just about any module in the repository and once installed it would just work.

Now, I used Xoops for probably 3 years from 07 - 10 and it was awesome, very easy to use, heaps of cool modules. Then, I didn't need Xoops for 12 months or so.

Now I do need Xoops, and have come back to the CMS I have found to be the best in the past and now I am just banging my head. I have spent the last month or so trying to get 2.5.4 working with the basic module pack and a lot of it is broken. You would think that the latest core files coupled with the module pack advertised in the java banner at the top of the xoops site when you log in would be what you need? No, the basic module pack that is advertised on this website right next to the latest core files is beta and should not be used on a production site.

I have downloaded and installed I would guess at probably 20 or so alternative modules just to uninstall them and wonder why aren't these modules working with the latest core files.

I am sure you guys know which modules definately do not work...why are they still available for people to download and install with the false sence of security that it is going to work...because the fact is a lot of the modules in the repository simply wont work without some code changes or a snipet needed here and there.

All I want to know is what modules actually work with 2.5.4 that aren't beta and that don't need to be hacked.

Otherwise, can you please tell me how to downgrade to 2.5.0 so I know everything will just work the way it was intended.

By the way this post was in no way intended to offend anyone in any way...I am just frustrated and I am sorry if I have offended anyone. I just want my Xoops to work the way it used to :)

Cheers and best regards,
Marty.

Cifug
  • 2012/2/22 8:04

• Cifug

• Quite a regular

Hi guys, is it possible?

If not, thats cool, i'll just start again. But if it is possible it may save me some work.

Cheers,
Marty.

Mamba
  • 2012/2/22 8:16

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

It would be a manual work, as there is no "downgrade" script available. So it would take you probably more time than with setting up a new site.

Try XOOPS 2.5.5 Beta and see if it work better for you. It's a good opportunity for you to help us to find and fix bugs. In exchange I'll help you with setting up the site.

Is it a fair deal?
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Cifug
  • 2012/2/22 14:17

• Cifug

• Quite a regular

Thanks for your reply...

I'm not sure I want to screw around anymore. I know 2.5 works with the modules I want. So I am going to go start over and delete everything and start again with 2.5.0 and with the "basic module pack". This has worked for me in the past. I'll just copy all content to doc and paste it over to the new site. It will only take me a but just quite a few dedicated hours LOL...with beer it will go quick hahaha ;)

Mamba, I would love to help work bugs out and test whatever. I can set up a test site and give you specific feedback. I can give you access also if you want. My only problem is I work shift and probably can't be available every day.

PM me if you want me to do this.

Cheers,
Marty

Login

Who's Online

245 user(s) are online (166 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 245

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits