Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00

Learn XOOPS Core

Local Support

Advertisement

XOOPS Code hosted on SourceForge

Cumulus Tag Cloud

- 2 2.5 2.6 4 6 adslight Android AntiHarvesting AntiSpam API Apple Battlefield billige Blocks Bootstrap Captcha cell cent chronolabs Clicks content CĂN demo download Dresses facebook Fat floor for free Gateway Google Guide herre Home Honeypot html5 Human HỘ IP iPhone jQuery Language Law Legal List log Loss module modules Monster new newbb news NHÀ online PARK Payment phone PHP Prevention profile project Protector publisher RESIDENCE responsive review Rights rmcommon Room security Sentry Signed site Smartphone Smarty Smoking Solution Spam stem Studio support tag tdmcreate template The Theme themes User userlog web weight xoops Xortify XPayment ZendFramework

New Users

Registering user

# 137911

mydarkglobe

Welcome to XOOPS!

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  |  Register To Post

#1 Posted on: 2010/12/6 0:13 Added Facebook Social plugins, kindly comment...
I have updated my company website http://swayamsat.org to xoops 2.5 and added the facebook social plugins eg. comments (on blog, workshops, piCal & tadgallery modules), like box, recent activity to this website. Also made minor changes to its design.

Kindly review the website and let me know if there is anything that I can do to improve its look and feel or user friendliness.

Nitin Shah
Most problems in world are result of poor communication
nmshah
Group:
Registered Users
(Show More) (Show Less)

#2 Posted on: 2010/12/21 18:33 Re: Added Facebook Social plugins, kindly comment...
Quote:

IraGarcia wrote:
Your site looks really good. The only thing that I would change is that I wouldn't have your social media icons half concealed 3/4 of the way down the page. I wouldn't bother with having them pop up when you put your cursor over then I would just leave them static. Good site.

Those are actually part of the theme.. I have them on one of my sites as well although I will likely be building a new theme from the ground up soon.

Rodney

redheadedrod
From Grand Rapids, MI
Group:
Registered Users
(Show More) (Show Less)

#3 Posted on: 2010/12/21 21:14 Re: Added Facebook Social plugins, kindly comment...
Thank you for your comments...

I am also working on a new theme right now, can you suggest what should be the best place to place the facebook like box. And also if anyone can help me on how to change the look and feel of these plugins.

Regrds,
Nitin

Nitin Shah
nmshah
Group:
Registered Users
(Show More) (Show Less)

#4 Posted on: 2010/12/26 19:14 Re: Added Facebook Social plugins, kindly comment...
Looking very good nmshah. Easy to navigate, nice colour, Just header a little noisy Good luck :)

colorado1
From coloradorockies
Group:
Registered Users
(Show More) (Show Less)

#5 Posted on: 2010/12/26 19:53 Re: Added Facebook Social plugins, kindly comment...
You need a background on your dropdown menus...

Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.
redheadedrod
From Grand Rapids, MI
Group:
Registered Users
(Show More) (Show Less)

#6 Posted on: 2010/12/26 23:17 Re: Added Facebook Social plugins, kindly comment...
@colarado1 and redheadedrod, thank u for your feedback...

I am working on making these changes now. Will post again with the new design here...

Nitin Shah
nmshah
Group:
Registered Users
(Show More) (Show Less)

#7 Posted on: 2011/1/18 15:24 Site updated, kindly review
Site Updated. Changes Made include:

1. New theme
2. Added anthing slider to blog (publisher clone) to display latest articles
3. Using mymenus module for the horizontal menu
4. Added footer to share with facebook, tweet, linkedin and Google Buzz

Kindly Check it out and suggest ways to improve the design & / or usability of site

Nitin Shah
nmshah
Group:
Registered Users
(Show More) (Show Less)

#8 Posted on: 2011/1/19 13:59 Re: Added Facebook Social plugins, kindly comment...
where i can find information of how to integrate comments of facebook in xoops?

bprado
Group:
Registered Users
(Show More) (Show Less)

#9 Posted on: 2011/1/19 14:28 Re: Added Facebook Social plugins, kindly comment...
See this thread

Please support XOOPS & DONATE
Use 2.5.7 | Debugging | Requests | Bugs
Mamba
From Ohio, USA
Group:
Webmaster
Registered Users
Designer Group
(Show More) (Show Less)

#10 Posted on: 2011/3/26 3:54 Re: Added Facebook Social plugins, kindly comment...
It looks good. I like the design and color combination. But something is missing with drop menus. Yet when see it for the first time it gives friendly look. But I do not understand why, why now a days every website must have a section wiht "Join us in facebook" If there weren't facebook? Too much hysteria on this social website. More and more people are getting annoyed about this because, where ever they are it's always now is facebook.

cheap web hosting
kaliari
Group:
Registered Users
(Show More) (Show Less)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You can vote in polls.