Zap_English
problem with wgsitenotice

goffy, how can I get the cookie banner to appear at the bottom of the site like it does on your site?

Zap_English
Re: problem with wgsitenotice

Also, I have the preferences set to use the DHTML form but the module seems to strip out html codes in the content and shows everything as a continual sentence. No lists, no paragraph breaks, etc

goffy
  • 2017/2/13 20:31

• goffy

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/27

Hi zap_english

Quote:
goffy, how can I get the cookie banner to appear at the bottom of the site like it does on your site?

please read tutorialhttps://ggoffy.gitbooks.io/wgsitenotice-tutorial/content/en/book/6blocks.html

Quote:
Also, I have the preferences set to use the DHTML form but ...

Xoops offers by default 3 editors:
1) onlyText
This editor can be used for saving pure text
2) DHTML with xCode
An Editor with various Xoops-Tags
3) TinyMCE
Extended texteditor with a lot of options for formatting, lists, and so on.
The text will be save as HTML-Code in your database.

I have created all elements (imprint, cookie regulation descritption,...), you can download from my site, with TinyMCE, because I want to use all the possibilities for formatting text in html.
Attention: if you display text, which is created with TinyMCE, diplay later with e.g. the DHTML-Editor, you will see all the Html-Tags. Please use in this case again TinyMCE or remove all HTML-Tags.

I will add this information to tutorial.

kind regards
goffy

Zap_English

I've downloaded your cookie policy and edited it with DHTML editor and with TinyMCE

And in both cases it shows on the website as

The usage of cookies on franksrecipes.netThe cookies policy is valid for website franksrecipes.netonly named as "website" in following text.What are cookies?Cookies are small text files that are downloaded onto your device by the website when you visit itThe next time you visit the websitethe cookies make sure that your device is recognised immediatelyBy using cookiesthe website can store temporary information on visits and visitorsOther websites can also recognise your device through the same cookiesVarious types of cookies are used during every visit.What are cookies use for?Cookies make it possible to personalise the visit to a websitesuch as by:Showing relevant navigation settingsRemembering visitor preferencesImproving the overall user experienceLimiting the number of advertisements shownBy closing the cookie message on this website or continuing to use this websiteyou are giving your consent to the use of cookies.This website stores the information collected via cookies in addition to other information you have provided about yourself or other information collected for the purposes stated in the Privacy Policy.If you do not want to place cookies on your deviceyou can refuse the use of cookies via your browser’s settings or optionsYou may then be unable to use certain sections of this website.Different types of cookiesFunctional cookies:Anonymous cookies that enable users to view this website, use the functions on the website and access secure areasThe information collected by these cookies may not be used for marketing purposes. If the use of this type of cookie is refusedseveral sections of this website cannot be used.Analytical cookies:Anonymous cookies that enable a website to improve its websiteThese cookies collect information on how visitors use the websitesuch as information on the most visited pages or number of error messages shownAn example of these types of cookie are WebAnalytics cookiesThe information collected by these cookies may not be used for marketing purposes or provided to third parties.Targeting cookies or advertisement cookies:These types of cookies are usually placed on websites by advertising networks with the consent of this website.These cookies are used to:Display relevant and personalised advertisements/offers via all types of mediaincluding but not limited to Emailsocial media and Display.Limit the number of times each advertisement is shown.Measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.Remember your visit and share the information collected with third partiessuch as advertisers.These cookies are often linked to website functions offered by these third parties.Changing cookie settingsYou can change your cookie settings via your browser

Zap_English

Also, I read your tutorial and followed the directions. Using the xBootstrap theme, the bar will appear at the top of the website but will not appear at the bottom

goffy
  • 2017/2/14 7:02

• goffy

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/27

Hi Zap_english

Quote:
I've downloaded your cookie policy and edited it with DHTML editor and with TinyMCE
And in both cases it shows on the website as

This sound strange, because for this the language var _MB_WGSITENOTICE_COOKIE_REG_INFO in language/english/blocks.php is use. Can You please check this var?

Quote:
will appear at the top of the website but will not appear at the bottom

tried again with current version on firefox and ie, and works. maybe you have to clean browser cache in order to delete the existing cookie.

Zap_English

Quote:

This sound strange, because for this the language var _MB_WGSITENOTICE_COOKIE_REG_INFO in language/english/blocks.php is use. Can You please check this var?

yes that command is there

Login

Who's Online

197 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 197

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits