djsherren
2.5.8 newbb and xoopspoll - having trouble getting these modules to work together
  • 2016/9/14 22:00

• djsherren

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/11/18

I have installed various combinations of newbb (4.33 RC 12, 4.33 RC 13) and xoopspoll (1.4 RC 2) and I am experiencing the following error message in a pop-up box when trying to submit a vote in a poll created on the forum:

"There was a problem registering your vote. Please try again."

No error messages are created by the debug mode system.

There were some postings on a French language Xoops site on this problem. The postings indicated some data was not properly passed from one module to the other and made some suggestions on editing one of the php files. However at the end of the thread they indicated the problem was unresolved. (late 2014 to mid 2015 timeframe)http://www.frxoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=compact&topic_id=37252&forum=5

The forum module works well on posting and creating the poll. The poll module works well on creating stand alone poles and recording the votes. I just can't get the poll votes recorded from the forum.

I then tried adding the files from the xoopspoll module extras directory for the 4.3 branch to the newbb module directory. Now I get a fatal error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function newbb_displayImage() in C:\wamp64\www\SJG34\modules\newbb\viewtopic.php on line 177

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Other information on the system I am running is:

Local server: WAMP 3.0.0 64 bit
XOOPS Version XOOPS 2.5.8
PHP Version 5.6.16
mySQL Version 5.7.9
Server API apache2handler
OS WINNT

geekwright
Re: 2.5.8 newbb and xoopspoll - having trouble getting these modules to work together

It looks like there may be a couple of things going on that need some attention. We are looking into them, but in the meantime you can try this.

First, undo any changes you made copying files from xoopspoll module extras directory. You should go back to the versions of those files as distributed with newbb.

Then, in modules/newbb/votepolls.php change line 73 that looks like this:
$optionId = !XoopsRequest::getInt('option_id'0'POST');

and remove the ! sign in front of XoopsRequest, to look like this:
$optionId XoopsRequest::getInt('option_id'0'POST');

This should enable poll votes. There will still be issues with recording votes in multliple option polls, and we will address those in a patch soon.

djsherren
Re: 2.5.8 newbb and xoopspoll - having trouble getting these modules to work together
  • 2016/9/17 19:14

• djsherren

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/11/18

That seems to have done the trick. That will keep us going for now.

Looking forward to further improvements in the future.

Login

Who's Online

194 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 194

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits