goffy
Re: Xoops Core Translation and german characters
  • 2016/8/2 12:40

• goffy

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/27

hi mamba

yes, you are right, in 90% of the cases the errors are sitting in front of the keyboard

but in this case:
I have a XAMPP 3.2.2 with php 7 (settings see posting #9)
here I have the problems, when I install xoops 2.5.8

I have a XAMPP 3.2.1 with php 5.6
settings:
PHP Version 5.6.23
mySQL Version 5.6.16
Server API apache2handler
OS WINNT

table collation: utf8_general_ci

database server
Server: 127.0.0.1 via TCP/IP
Server type: MySQL
Server version: 5.6.16 - MySQL Community Server (GPL)
Protocol version: 10
User: root@localhost
Server charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)

Server connection collation: utf8mb4_general_ci

if I install xoops 2.5.7.1 on XAMPP 3.2.1 I have no problems

The settings in phpMyAdmin seems to be the same, and it is not possible to switch Server connection collation from utf8mb4_general_ci to utf8_general_ci (if I select this, it always switching back, I don't know why)

therefore, blame on someone

and now

goffy
  • 2016/8/2 12:55

• goffy

• Just can't stay away

if I change line 135 of install/include/makedata.php from
$newbid    $dbm->insert('newblocks'' VALUES (0, 1, ' $func_num ", '" addslashes($options) . "', '" addslashes($newblock['name']) . "', '" addslashes($newblock['name']) . "', '', 0, 0, " $visible ", 'S', 'H', 1, 'system', '" addslashes($newblock['file']) . "', '" addslashes($newblock['show_func']) . "', '" addslashes($edit_func) . "', '" addslashes($newblock['template']) . "', 0, " $time ')');
into
$newbid    $dbm->insert('newblocks'' VALUES (0, 1, ' $func_num ", '" addslashes($options) . "', '" utf8_decode(addslashes($newblock['name'])) . "', '" utf8_decode(addslashes($newblock['name'])) . "', '', 0, 0, " $visible ", 'S', 'H', 1, 'system', '" addslashes($newblock['file']) . "', '" addslashes($newblock['show_func']) . "', '" addslashes($edit_func) . "', '" addslashes($newblock['template']) . "', 0, " $time ')');
it works again

Mamba
  • 2016/8/2 20:53

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Hmm, we'll look into it, but can you try to install WAMP Server on your PC and see if it works for you?

Since the XOOPS installation with German files works for me, I am trying to see if it is a problem with your PC, or with XAMPP...
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

geekwright

I've got a couple of questions.

Is this with the 2.5.8 release, or with the current master from GitHub?

There was a change made that could effect this here:https://github.com/XOOPS/XoopsCore25/pull/121

That change fixed an issue introduced in the conversion to the mysqli extension.

Also, just for reference, what is the XOOPS_DB_CHARSET definition in secure.php?

goffy
  • 2016/8/3 6:11

• goffy

• Just can't stay away

hi

it's current version from github master (25.07.)

define('XOOPS_DB_CHARSET', 'utf8')

if I use XAMPP 3.2.1 with php 5.6 and
- install xoops 2.5.7.1 it works
- install xoops 2.5.8 it fails

therefore I believe it is not XAMPP or MySql

Mamba
  • 2016/8/3 6:43

• Mamba

Quote:
therefore I believe it is not XAMPP or MySql

You never know!

For example, just hypothetically, XAMMP could have a problem, but we didn't use certain option that we should, and therefore the issue was not visible. Once we started using that option, the problem became visible.

I am not saying that it is the case, but therefore we need to check. Therefore, can you try please with WAMP Server, as I suggested before, and let us know?

Because I don't have any problems with the German files you provided to me.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

goffy
  • 2016/8/3 7:38

• goffy

• Just can't stay away

hi mamba

testet with wampserver 3.0.4, apache 2.4.18, php 5.6.19 (and additional with php 7.0.4)

the same

maybe the general windows setting has an influence?

geekwright

I pulled the language files and did a fresh install. Everything worked correctly.

The change you made should break it, not fix it. The ISO-8859-1 output from utf8_ecode() should cause MySQL to kick out a ERROR 1366.

Something in the chain is obviously still speaking latin1 :(

The note about it switching back to a utf8mb4_general_ci is troubling. It shouldn't come up with that when using utf8 character set ever.

Still thinking, but these symptoms are not making sense yet.

Quote:

goffy wrote:
if I change line 135 of install/include/makedata.php from
$newbid    $dbm->insert('newblocks'' VALUES (0, 1, ' $func_num ", '" addslashes($options) . "', '" addslashes($newblock['name']) . "', '" addslashes($newblock['name']) . "', '', 0, 0, " $visible ", 'S', 'H', 1, 'system', '" addslashes($newblock['file']) . "', '" addslashes($newblock['show_func']) . "', '" addslashes($edit_func) . "', '" addslashes($newblock['template']) . "', 0, " $time ')');
into
$newbid    $dbm->insert('newblocks'' VALUES (0, 1, ' $func_num ", '" addslashes($options) . "', '" utf8_decode(addslashes($newblock['name'])) . "', '" utf8_decode(addslashes($newblock['name'])) . "', '', 0, 0, " $visible ", 'S', 'H', 1, 'system', '" addslashes($newblock['file']) . "', '" addslashes($newblock['show_func']) . "', '" addslashes($edit_func) . "', '" addslashes($newblock['template']) . "', 0, " $time ')');
it works again

Mamba
  • 2016/8/4 2:07

• Mamba

Goffy, I just sent you screenshots from my installation on XAMMP.

I've downloaded the latest XAMMP version, installed it on my Windows 10, and then installed the German version of XOOPS.

Everything went perfectly, and the German characters are showing just fine.

Since I have installed it on WAMP and on XAMMP, and in both cases worked without any problem, and in your case was totally opposite, i.e. both failed, I suspect that there might be a problem with something else on your local PC.....

Can you compare the pictures of configurations with yours, and see, if they are the same? I've installed XAMMP as it was, with no single change to the configuration, except that I selected English as my XAMMP language.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

goffy
  • 2016/8/4 7:23

• goffy

• Just can't stay away

hi mamba

all is the same.

and, hooray, with last version from github (xoops 2.5.8.1 beta) it works

Login

Who's Online

203 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 203

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits