Zap_English
xforms display problem

I'm using xforms 2 Alpha 1

I have a template problem and I can't figure out how to fix it

All the captions and the form elements are jammed together and I want to add some line breaks <br>

Can someone tell me where to insert the line breaks before and after the captions?

TIA

PS I thought xforms would do html content in the Form introduction but it doesn't

Mamba
Re: xforms display problem
  • 2016/6/3 8:27

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
I'm using xforms 2 Alpha 1 I have a template problem and I can't figure out how to fix it All the captions and the form elements are jammed together and I want to add some line breaks
Please note that this is ALPHA version, therefore there will be a lot of bugs, and some things will not work. I know that Zyspec is working on some improvements, so hopefully there will be an improved version in the next weeks .... For the time being, you might try the regular older version of xForms module. Also, please provide a screenshot of what issue you have, as this will help to visualize the problem...
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Zap_English

http://rfu.in.ua/2016-06-03 15_58_13-Submit Your Band (local, original artists only) - Radio Free Ukraine.jpg

The arrows indicate where line breaks should be. I need some help with where to put them in the template

Also, it would be nice if the selection box could be a drop down

for whatever reason I can't get the image to appear. so there's the link

zyspec
  • 2016/6/3 19:20

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

Zap_English,

The form element spacing is based on the theme you're using. For example here's a link to a form generated by xForms using the default XOOPS 2.5.8 theme.

zyspec
  • 2016/6/4 0:41

• zyspec

• Module Developer

And you can see another example (again using the default theme) with the elements displayed on 2 lines.

Zap_English

ok, but that still doesn't answer my original question. I'm using xbootstrap and there's no template for xforms

Where do I have to modify the template to get a line space before and after the caption?

Mamba
  • 2016/6/4 11:38

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
ok, but that still doesn't answer my original question. I'm using xbootstrap and there's no template for xforms

The easiest way is to copy the templates from xForms to your xBootstrap theme, similar to what you've seen in NewBB. Then you'll have to modify the templates according to Bootstrap rules and CSS.

IMPORTANT: please copy and rename your xBootstrap theme to something else, so when you copy a new version of xBootstrap from XOOPS, it won't overwrite your changes/customization. See this
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

zyspec
  • 2016/6/4 14:02

• zyspec

• Module Developer

Zap_English,

I'll put xBootstrap templates on the list of things to look at before the BETA release - no promises but I'll try. Please let me know if you create the xBootstrap templates and I'll look at including them with the next release so everyone can use them.

Zap_English

How can I change the form element "selections" to be a drop down box and not scrolling?

zyspec
  • 2016/6/5 23:18

• zyspec

• Module Developer

You should be able to edit the element and set the size to 1 (one).

Go to Admin->xForms->Manage Forms then click the Edit Form Elements icon. Go down to the element you want to edit and select the Edit Element icon. There's a setting to set the size - set it to 1. That should make your select box a dropdown.

Login

Who's Online

195 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 195

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits