wishcraft
FishSMS - SMS Module - Version 1.02 RC

FishSMS 1.02 RC
Release from the Chronolabs Cooperative

In any paid work I do I try to find at least one module which is genetic and not system specific or contains business rules owned by the website to release as Open Source as per the licensing and ethics of open source and XOOPS. In this example this is a module that works with Cardboard Fish APIs from the UK to allow you to use their APIs and Callbacks as well as Polling systems if you wish to send, receive and operate your site and modules in conjunctions with this affordable SMS Aggregation Service.

This module's Intellectual Property is retained by Chronolabs and myself, and it is through Ringwould Ethical Trust Network that I am developing as a self metering ethical management tools for industries and their providers for John Saunders that made this module possible. It was developed today over around 14 hours. It is also all tested!

Release notes:

FishSMS 1.02 RC is a tool that works with Cardboard Fish's SMS aggregation service in conjunction with your website. It has a plugins system which an example is provided that will allow you to easily make it interact with your custom and standard modules as well as receive SMS's on the site that can be processed by your modules and anything you wish.

This is more or less a complete framework for Cardboard Fish's APIs and will involve some level of intermediate programming to implement in your site, standalone without this it will not do much, but all the hard work has been done for your pleasure.

There is a function sendSMS() that is accessible throughout the code base of your modules and all areas of XOOPS pretty much after you install it, here is the code comment on how to call it:

/**
 * This function allows for any application calling it to send an SMS via the queue from anywhere within XOOPS
 * @param string $from The number the SMS is being sent from
 * @param string $to The number the SMS is being sent to
 * @param string $message The message being sent (Maximum 360 chars)
 * @param string $piority Message level/piority as outline in constants.php
 * @param integer $after Unix time that the message is to be sent after
 * @param integer $before Unix time that the messahe is to be sent before or ignored unless piority/level = 'required'
 * @param string $module XOOPS module dirname sending the SMS
 * @param integer $identity The XOOPS Module identity number for the item (Normally Database Identity)
 * @param string $key A key or Hash that can be used to identify the SMS
 * @param string $class The class calling the function normally specified by __CLASS__
 * @param string $function The function calling the function normally specified by __FUNCTION__
 * @return integer
 */
function sendSMS($from ''$to ''$message ''$priority ''$after 0$before 0$module ''$identity 0$key ''$class ''$function '')
{}

Changelog.txt:
[size=xx-small]---------------------------------------------------------------
FishSMS - SMS Module - Version 1.02 RC
---------------------------------------------------------------
* tested all components seems to be working 100%
[/size]

Links & Downloads:

wishcraft
Re: FishSMS - SMS Module - Version 1.02 RC

ZIP Has been patched 08/05/2014 07:10 AEST. This was to fix a couple of minor initial release misnomers like 'receive' spelt wrong, to allow constant to be embedded as String Preferences and a couple of other little issues here and there that I found just reviewing the code a little more.

Any further changes will be a minor version change. So the magic 6 that have already downloaded you will need to do this again.

Thanks

Simon

Mamba
  • 2014/5/8 0:15

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Simon, good to see some new work from you!

Below are errors that I see on my XOOPS 2.5.7 and PHP 5.5.12:

Before and after installation:
NoticeConstant _MI_FISHSMS_MAXIMUM_SMS_PER_MONTH already defined in file /modules/fishsms/language/english/modinfo.php line 26

in: /modules/fishsms/admin/index.php

NoticeConstant _MI_FISHSMS_MAXIMUM_SMS_PER_MONTH already defined in file /modules/fishsms/language/english/modinfo.php line 26
Notice
Undefined indexxpaymentImageIcon in file /modules/fishsms/admin/header.php line 67
Notice
Undefined indexop in file /modules/fishsms/admin/index.php line 32
Warning
Constants may only evaluate to scalar values in file /modules/fishsms/include/constants.php line 33
Notice
Undefined variabletime in file /modules/fishsms/admin/index.php line 46

in: /modules/fishsms/admin/index.php?op=about

Notice
Undefined indexxpaymentImageIcon in file /modules/fishsms/admin/header.php line 67
Warning
constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant _XPY_AM_XPAYMENT_ABOUT_MAKEDONATE in file /modules/fishsms/admin/index.php line 58
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

wishcraft

To mamba,

Yeah I decided to take 12 months off to cool my head so I was less abrupt with my responses, you know preparative screens can do that to you my friends. Anyway thanks for always playing tag team for me on the bugs.. This has all those bugs removed.

Download: xoops2.5_fishsms_1.03.zip - 57.9 kB

Thanks

Simon (wishcraft)
http://simonaroberts.com
https://twitter.com/NegativityGear

Mamba
  • 2014/5/8 9:49

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
This has all those bugs removed.

Fantastic! Thanks!

However, on the front I am getting:
Notice: Use of undefined constant _MA_FISHSMS_WELCOME assumed '_MA_FISHSMS_WELCOME' in file /modules/fishsms/language/english/main.php line 4
Notice
: Use of undefined constant _MA_FISHSMS_NUMBER assumed '_MA_FISHSMS_NUMBER' in file /modules/fishsms/language/english/main.php line 5
Notice
: Use of undefined constant _MA_FISHSMS_FOOTER assumed '_MA_FISHSMS_FOOTER' in file /modules/fishsms/language/english/main.php line 6
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

wishcraft
FishSMS - SMS Module - Version 1.04 Final

Thanks Michael your mambies are always appreciated it take more than one to tango as you know, well latin salsa anyway!

I think that is a wrap unless you can find anything else, could you publish some news on it based on this article from my sourceforge.net page ::http://forge.labs.coop/mynamesnot/2014/05/fishsms-1-04-final/

The download link is ::http://sourceforge.net/projects/chronolabs/files/XOOPS%202.5/Modules/FishSMS/xoops2.5_fishsms_1.04.zip/download

This should not be updated but will be when 2.6 is close to a formal structure be migrated to XOOPS 2.6 as well

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits