Re: Mastop_go2 Spotlights block don't work
  • 2014/3/20 21:18

• petitours

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/9 1

As you can see here
http://www.frxoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1950#commentaires

3 tests :
1) Wamp new install with PHP 5.3.13 + xoops 2.5.6 new install => Error with picture edition, I can't create spotlights

2) Wamp new install with PHP 5.4.12 + xoops 2.5.6 new install => Error with picture edition, I can't create spotlights

3) xoops 2.5.5 on line with PHP5.2 (minimum asked in module admin) => Any problem in admin, spotlights creation OK but whole screen white with
"Fatal error: Call to a member function montaGaleria() on a non-object in /monsite/www/modules/mastop_go2/blocks/mgo_go2.bloco.php on line 24"

Mamba
  • 2014/3/20 21:23

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

I think, I have PHP 5.3.13 on my WAMP, so I'll install XOOPS 2.5.6 there and will take a look.

If there is something we can reproduce, I am sure we'll be able to fix it
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

petitours
  • 2014/3/20 21:33

• petitours

• Just popping in

I'm not internet developper but I practice C on microcontroller and C++, C# on PC.
I am amazed by these countless compatibility issues! PHP compatibilité, sql, apache, javascript, html on the navigator (.uckhfsjfhqklhjqsfd Internet Explorer compatibility)...

Today we do something and tomorrow it does work anymore...it's horrible to depend as much on the environment !

Mamba
  • 2014/3/21 0:57

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
Today we do something and tomorrow it does work anymore...it's horrible to depend as much on the environment

PHP 5.2.0 was released in 2006, so it's almost 8 years ago. I would say that quite a lot of time!

C on microcontrollers has a very limited set of instructions, so they are less open to change. But C++ or C# have evolved quite a lot over the last 8 years, and you need to recompile the programs with new libraries like now VC11 or .Net 4.5, otherwise they will have problems in the new environment, or if they want to take advantage of new features.

The good thing is that XOOPS team put a lot of effort to keep the compatibility as high as possible between new releases. Just compare it to Drupal, where there is an assumption that every new release will break the modules.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

redheadedrod

I too am a programmer of many languages and the internet has many different issues. The biggest problem is that Microsoft doesn't abide by the standards built by the W3C so their browsers tend to break things that work perfectly in Firefox, Safari, Opera or just about any other browser out there.

And as Michael said, Xoops is a lot better at compatibility between versions than most are. If a module written for 2.0.x series was written properly it can me run with very little modification even in the 2.5.x series and MAY run under 2.6 without issue. And in some cases won't require major rewriting even if it doesn't quite work.

Rodney

petitours
  • 2014/3/21 8:03

• petitours

• Just popping in

there is no misunderstanding : I do not criticize xoops. XOOPS is good: I practice xoops since 2005 and I realize that today

I just noted the difficulty of compatibility with the internet. this is madness.
PHP, SQL, APache and other on server, javascript, flash, CSS, HTML and other on navigator...

Mastop works on XOOPS 2.5.6 and PHP5.3 here, not there,
it is supposed to work from XOOPS 2.5.5 and PHP 5.2 but ... No.

the image manager works everywhere ... but not on wamp, why? apache compatibility? PHP option? Internet explorer in the neighbor?

the hoster change a php parameter... bang, the site is down...
short, we must be very patient to develop web and your work is never done.

petitours
  • 2014/3/21 21:57

• petitours

• Just popping in

Mastop_G2 is OK !!!!!

With wamp, image manager is not working but it's wamp....
Resized Image

On xoops 2.5.5 and PHP5.2 or on xoops 2.5.3 with PHP5.3 it works well !

what was the problem ? => Xoops in french...
I copied the english folder (in Mastop language folder) and renamed it in "french". Now it's OK !

After I had a conflict with another script JQuery my theme...
Script with conflict :
<script type="text/javascript">
$(
document).ready(function() {
$(
'#coin').coinslider({ hoverPausetruewidth675,opacity0.76height231titleSpeed500delay6000navigation:trueeffect'straight'});                 });
</
script>

Solution :
<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(document).ready(function() {
jQuery('#coin').coinslider({ hoverPausetruewidth675,opacity0.76height231titleSpeed500delay6000navigation:trueeffect'straight'});                 });
</
script>

I will contact CESAG for the French translation...

Thank you for your help !

Login

Who's Online

156 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 156

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits