Zaphod
Best image gallery module
  • 2014/3/17 1:33

• Zaphod

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/4/17

In my previous site I used to use xGallery but looking the the SVN site it no longer
seems to be supported. I've tried installing eXtGallery but I find that it requires a Java applet.
I'm not willing to use an applet as I will have too many support problems with too many people
not being able to get passed system security restrictions on Java applets.
Can any body recommend another gallery that users can upload images into there own private
albums and share publicly.

Regards
Terry

redheadedrod
Re: Best image gallery module

Right now extgallery is the best module available.

You do NOT have to use the Java applet to use this program. Only when uploading multiple files.

There should be a setting that allows for single file uploads that does NOT use that Java Applet.

Zaphod
  • 2014/3/17 20:48

• Zaphod

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/4/17

Thanks, I've had another look at the module and there is a way to turn the applet
off.

surfinsaxman

Quote:

redheadedrod wrote:
You do NOT have to use the Java applet to use this program. Only when uploading multiple files.

There should be a setting that allows for single file uploads that does NOT use that Java Applet.

The Java Applet is not working any more, because it is not signed.

It is not possible to report bugs on zoullou.net, because there is only a phpMyAdmin login. Therefore I hope, I can get help here.

redheadedrod

Is that the site that supports the Java Applet?

I know the last time we had issues with it we went to the site and downloaded the latest and that worked.

There was supposed to be someone working on an Ajax option but I do not know what heppened with that.

surfinsaxman

I had version 1.08 installed and the applet worked some time ago. But the attempt yesterday failed. Installation of version 1.11 from xoops.orghttps://xoops.org/modules/repository/singlefile.php?cid=36&lid=1895
didn't help.

Login

Who's Online

205 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 205

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits