richinri
Advice for someone just jumping in
  • 2014/3/2 8:23

• richinri

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2014/2/19

This clearly is a time of awesome change for Xoops. I have been checking out Xoops for about a week now and it seems to me that so many enhancements are coming in 2.6 (many of which currently cause problems for newbies). I am wondering if it is best to wait for 2.6 rather than learn a lot that will have to be unlearned. I was trying to learn from the book and frankly the 2 starter examples are already outdated causing considerable frustration trying to figure out why. I am curious what others might think or if they could suggest (knowing what is coming) what area of Xoops is best to focus on now that won't have to be tossed out when 2.6 arrives. As an example, would it be wise to focus on the latest publisher with the bootstrap theme?

Mamba
Re: Advice for someone just jumping in
  • 2014/3/2 13:13

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
As an example, would it be wise to focus on the latest publisher with the bootstrap theme?

Yes, that's the best option to have a Website up and running, because both versions of Publisher as well as XOOPS are stable, and more people can help in case of problems.

As we progress with XOOPS 2.6.0, you'll be able to explore it and learn more, but since it is not even out of Alpha cycle, there might be still a lot of changes.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

214 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 214

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits