willemd
INSERT Error in PDdownloads
  • 2013/11/11 18:50

• willemd

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/8/15

Hi,

I am useing Xoops 2.3.3b
Last week my Host updated their SQL version (not sure to which one ...)
Since the update I can't upload any Files anymore with the PDdownloads module (1.2). Before the update it worked fine!

I figured out that the error (I believe) is due to this code in PDdownloads/admin/category.php :

(line 283)

{$sql = $sql = "INSERT INTO " . $xoopsDB -> prefix("PDdownloads{$mydirnumber}_cat") . "
( pid, title, imgurl, description, nohtml, nosmiley,
noxcodes, noimages, nobreak, weight, spotlighttop, spotlighthis) VALUES
( $pid, '$title', '$imgurl', '$description', '$nohtml', '$nosmiley',
'$noxcodes', '$noimages', '$nobreak', '$weight', $spotlighttop, $spotlighthis)";
$result = $xoopsDB -> query($sql);
$error = _AM_PDD_DBERROR . ": <br /><br />" . $sql;

Any suggestions how to solve this issue?

redheadedrod
Re: INSERT Error in PDdownloads

The db driver that is used has not changed since the xoops 2.0.x days so regardless of the version of MySQL server you are using it should still work with your installation. This driver has not been changed until the recent work that has been done and is currently in progress under xoops 2.6 (alpha)

With this in mind the chances are your provider also updated the PHP version. You may find that your version of PHP is no longer compatible with your installation and will require you to upgrade. If you are running atleast PHP 5.3 then you can update to 2.5.6 but some of your modules may need to be upgraded/updated to also work. You may find an update to atleast 2.4.5 to be in your best interest if you are not quite up to php 5.3 yet. (Not sure what the minimum for 2.5.6 is but it has been posted else where and Mamba can help with that too.)

If you are unsure about your version follow the directions I posted here:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=356017#forumpost356017

Mamba
  • 2013/11/11 19:34

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
You may find an update to atleast 2.4.5 to be in your best interest if you are not quite up to php 5.3 yet.

If you do an update, don't even bother with anything lower than XOOPS 2.5.6.
All servers should have at least PHP 5.3.7 installed. If not, switch to another host because obviously they are not a serious company.

Quote:
(Not sure what the minimum for 2.5.6 is but it has been posted else where and Mamba can help with that too.)

Minimum PHP 5.3.7, and up to PHP 5.4.x

The next version XOOPS 2.5.7 will be fully compatible with PHP 5.x+
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

willemd
  • 2013/11/13 20:41

• willemd

• Just popping in

I know I'll have to update Xoops. I'm going to build my website from scratch again.
But this is a school website and I want to wait untill a new schoolyear starts.

Isn't there a work around or quick fix to make it work?
Isn't there anythink I can try?
I really need the downloads module to work.

redheadedrod

Assuming your host upgraded your PHP version the ONLY thing you can do is to have them switch it back. There is no work around possible.

willemd
  • 2013/11/15 18:06

• willemd

• Just popping in

OK, that's a clear answer

I decided to make a clean Xoops install with the latest Xoops version (2.5).
But while building my new site, I want to keep my old website running.

Question:
Is it possible to install the new Xoops-sye in (for instance) /www/cms/
(old site is in www) and when it's finished remove the old site and move the new site to cms/ ?
I will use a new database for the new site.

redheadedrod

I am not by my computer but it is a simple act to move things in most cases.

You will need to update the file paths in your mainfile.php and/or secure.php files.

Since I am not at my computer I don't recall if the secure.php file only contains the database connection information or also the filepath stuff. In any case it is in one of the two locations.

The secure.php file can be found in xoops_lib or xoops_data I don't recall which.

Beyond that you will need to delete your cache files and those are in your xoops_data folder. You will find 3 cache folders and you need to remove all of the files other than the index.html file.

You will also need to clear the session table in your database to force the system to rebuild them.

Other than that I can't think of anything else you need to do. I don't think file paths are saved anywhere else outside of the cache stuff.

Login

Who's Online

157 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 157

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits