brutalicuss
Re: Publisher 1.0 Final ready for testing

Hi Mamba :)
Everything working fine on 2.5.5 (even rating) The only thing is that "without approve" for anonymous not working and link "submit" in xoops_version.php not shown although the perm setting for anonymous are set to "yes" (can submit, but the link is missing)
And little other - there is no "switch language" and we must edit english folder.
But these is ok, everything is fine :)

But accidentally or not i must update to more secure ver like 2.5.6
I had the worst attack i ever seen...really - over thousand different ips, Since i have sites never seen something like this

Sorry for stupid question, but what you recommend for update. Instal absolutely clean version and than set my other files, or replace existing installation files. What will be better?

10x

Mamba
  • 2013/8/7 12:18

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Reg. Publisher, right now I am just focused on making sure that there are no "new" issues when switching to XOOPS 2.5.6. Afterwards we can focus on fixing existing bugs and adding new features.

Quote:
Sorry for stupid question, but what you recommend for update.

I personally always copy all files (except the mainfile.php file), plus the /upgrade folder, then run the /upgrade, and this points me to run the "update" on the System module, and then I clear the Cache.

If you are currently using the XOOPS 2.5.x series, and PHP version stays the same, or you're upgrading from PHP 5.2+, then normally you don't need to run a test installation. Otherwise, if the version you're upgrading from is older the the 2.5.x series, and you're changing PHP version from something older that PHP 5.2, then I strongly recommend to test the upgrade on a test installation first.

However, the most important point: ALWAYS make sure you have a backup of the current installation and the Database before you do the real upgrade of your production site, in case something goes wrong.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

brutalicuss

Thank you Mamba very much!
Everything was fine with update
Cheers :)

Mamba
  • 2013/8/7 16:19

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

That's a good news! I'm glad to hear it!
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

iamthur
  • 2013/8/13 17:28

• iamthur

• Just popping in

• Since: 2013/8/13

I will try this module sir.. thanks!

xoobaru
  • 2013/9/3 19:15

• xoobaru

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2010/12/2

I just tried this on 2.5.6 and the article displayed okay, but when I went to render and print as pdf, the formatting was lost (bold,italic, fonts,color) and only generic black uniform text type/size displayed int the printed document.

Worse, black page divider lines are inserted into the document by the pdf writer that cut right across the text, so the pdf tool really hacks the document rendering up pretty good.

Outside of pdf print, I have found no other issues.

Bleekk
  • 2013/10/20 20:23

• Bleekk

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/12/14

I have played a little bit with the publisher module and there are couple of things that need improvements.
the code is full of smartsection code. there are blocks that can not be used with the publisher module. they need to be deleted because they are confusing users.

why is there no article/item picture anymore? the smarty for this picture is in all relevant templates. even in the block templates.

there are unused functions in the class files. for example there is a class to display the category image in the article but it is not used. with only one line of code you can also display category images in articles

is anyone developing this module?
thanks

redheadedrod

At this time no one is developing the module that I am aware of. I believe Publisher was a conversion of another program so there is likely code that isn't being used in a few places.

Rodney

Bleekk
  • 2013/10/22 7:29

• Bleekk

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/12/14

Thank you for your answer.
In this case the version of this module needs to be set to beta. This is not a finished module

mariane
  • 2013/10/22 14:40

• mariane

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2008/1/11

unfortunately that publisher isn't developed anymore, we need such smart features in next versions of xoops.
publisher is more than a normal module, it could be used for blogs, news, articles, content, photo album. but we need to set a template for each kind of them.

Login

Who's Online

173 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 173

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits