Mamba
Re: Animal/Pedigree Module 1.31 Alpha 1
  • 2013/5/23 10:33

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

As far as I know, SourceForge is working on a feature similar to the old SVN, i.e. to be able to download the tarball of a given folder in SVN, but I don't think that it is working yet.

So the best is to use the little tool described in our FAQ, and use this link to SVN:

http://svn.code.sf.net/p/xoops/svn/XoopsModules/pedigree/trunk/

But please remember that this is still only Alpha, and there are a LOT of bugs there. I will need to rewrite a LOT of things there, to make it more like a regular standard XOOPS module. So please be patient...

Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

wyzel_pl
  • 2013/8/16 20:25

• wyzel_pl

• Just popping in

• Since: 2013/8/16

Heloou from Poland.

Im very interestet of Pedigree module too:)
its my next back to try use it, and with little prolems i work on www.klub.wyzel.pl kurzhaar pedigree site.
i find some prolems with edit a dog... when i edit and change mother/fatrher it dont change it, and when clik father - module ask aaut mother...:) someone have same prolem?

BRG

luwie
  • 2013/8/18 8:07

• luwie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/9/6 7

Quote:

wyzel_pl wrote:
Heloou from Poland.

Im very interestet of Pedigree module too:)
its my next back to try use it, and with little prolems i work on www.klub.wyzel.pl kurzhaar pedigree site.
i find some prolems with edit a dog... when i edit and change mother/fatrher it dont change it, and when clik father - module ask aaut mother...:) someone have same prolem?

BRG

Hello Wyzel,

The problems that you show us are in the animalpedigree software.
In the following topic you can see the problems:
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=353737

I know that Mamba is working on a new version .
So there will come a new version .

Greetings Theo

wyzel_pl
  • 2013/8/18 17:28

• wyzel_pl

• Just popping in

• Since: 2013/8/16

Helooo

thx for reply

than I wait for new informations and Version :)

Greetings

luwie
  • 2013/12/2 21:51

• luwie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/9/6 7

Is the Animal/Pedigree module still alive..............................

Mamba
  • 2013/12/4 17:31

• Mamba

Yes, it is still on my TODO list.
Just not having much luck with finding the time for it

Hopefully soon....
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Mamba
  • 2014/1/26 1:24

• Mamba

Just to let you know - I did some work on it, and there is a new update. This is still work in progress toward 1.31 Alpha 3, i.e. there are still some parts missing, but little by little it should become more usable.

You will be able to pull it from our XOOPS SVN - just click on the "Download Snapshot".

Warning: because there were several changes, this is currently NOT compatible with the previous code,i.e. DO NOT install it over any previous installation of this module. This is only for testing as a fresh installation.

Once we finalize this module, if there is an interest from users of the "animal" module to migrate to this one, we'll look into importing data from older versions.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Tampeko
  • 2014/1/26 9:50

• Tampeko

• Just popping in

• Since: 2014/1/14

I tried to test it (on podrum.eu) but it cannot be installed.
If this module is what I think it is, then it's one of the best modules for my site. You know I used cjaycontent for describing species.

Thats what wrotes:
Quote:
Unable to install pedigree. Error(s): Installing Pedigree -- -- -- -- -- CREATE TABLE `mod_pedigree_owner` ( `ID` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment, `firstname` varchar(30) NOT NULL default '', `lastname` varchar(30) NOT NULL default '', `postcode` varchar(7) NOT NULL default '', `city` varchar(50) NOT NULL default '', `streetname` varchar(40) NOT NULL default '', `housenumber` varchar(6) NOT NULL default '', `phonenumber` varchar(14) NOT NULL default '', `emailadres` varchar(40) NOT NULL default '', `website` varchar(60) NOT NULL default '', `user` varchar(20) NOT NULL default '', PRIMARY KEY (`ID`), KEY `lastname` (`lastname`(5)) ) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=1 COMMENT='owner information tree' is not a valid SQL!

Mamba
  • 2014/1/26 11:41

• Mamba

Good catch - please download and try to install again.

Also, please help us with testing, but don't build any production sites with this module yet, because it might be rewritten before it goes into Beta. I am thinking about some changes to make it more "XOOPS-API" compatible, and about adding some extra functionality which would require database changes. So this is still in "experimental" stage, and we need your feedback and improvement suggestions, as well as feature requests that would make this module really cool!

No guarantees that everything will be implemented, but at least we'll know what the users want to have
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Tampeko
  • 2014/1/26 19:34

• Tampeko

• Just popping in

• Since: 2014/1/14

Installation is successful now. At the first view, it seems not to be what I need, but that's not bad I will use Publisher like I planned before. Nevertheless I will of course test it as good as I can. (It's installed on podrum.eu, if you want to check out by yourself).

Login

Who's Online

128 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 128

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits