Mamba
Aloha Editor added to list of available Editors
  • 2012/9/7 8:38

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

I've added Aloha Editor to the list of available Editors.

It is currently not officially supported, i.e. you install and use it at your own risk, however if you improve anything, please share with the rest of us.

However, for those of you who like to experiment with new and cool things, you can check it out from our XOOPS SVN

According to the developers, Aloha Editor is:
Quote:
The world's most advanced browser HTML5 based WYSIWYG editor lets you experience a whole new way of editing. It's faster than existing technologies and offers unprecedented WYSIWYG functionalities.

It is kind of big, over 12 MB, but has some interesting features. What's most appealing for me is the possibility of a very easy editing in place. Right now it doesn't work directly, i.e. we'll need to adjust a module to be able to handle that. Unless our Core Team gurus could adjust the Core, so XOOPS could handle it consistently across all modules without any modification of them. I don't know if this is easy to do, but it would be nice to have it. One way or the other, I believe that the future belongs to "in-place editing", and Aloha does an excellent job with that.

Check it out and share your experience with us....
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

159 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 159

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits