Peekay
XO not looking good in IE8?
  • 2012/2/29 14:40

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

I normally use Firefox, but I'm currently using IE8 (8.0.7600) to look at xoops.org for the very first time and there do appear to be a few issues.

For example, the search field extends across the top of the page obscuring the login/profile buttons and the 'quick reply' field in the forum jumps all over the place.

Is this the same with IE9?

I'm using a company network at the moment and of course the IT dept rule when it comes to browsers that work with the servers, so no option for an upgrade here.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Anonymous
Re: XO not looking good in IE8?
  • 2012/2/29 14:55

• Anonymous

• Since:

Wow, what a modern company you work, mine has stuck at IE7

Same problem here with the search field but fast reply looks normal... IE9 shows no issues for as far as I know.

Anonymous
  • 2012/2/29 16:28

• Anonymous

• Since:

There were little problems with IE9 and TinyMCE 3.4.7 but these solved with new version of TinyMCE 3.4.8.

deka87
  • 2012/2/29 18:03

• deka87

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/10/5

my company uses ie7 as well flipse as in regard to ie issues it doesn't show most of the websites correctly anyways. i use a lot of 'border-radius' in my css but none of them work in ie unfortunately as you all know. good to know ie is a number 4 browser here in russia after chrome, opera, and ff. hope safary will give ie a go-by.
Mind anchors

Peekay
  • 2012/3/11 14:09

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

If the search field was just missing curved corners in IE it would be fine, but there is clearly a fault with its positioning.

As I said, I'm not a fan of IE personally, but there are business networks around the globe where IE is the default browser for hundreds of thousands of users. You may not like it, but if you design websites for a living it is not a good idea to ignore it.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

jeffreyjones

Same problem here with the search field but fast reply looks normal... IE9 shows no issues for as far as I know.

Login

Who's Online

176 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 176

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits