wishcraft
Re: Xortify - 3.x Series for XOOPS 2.5 & 2.6 (Antispam, Antiharvesting etc)

Not sure roby, this version of Xortify is COMPLETELY bug free, it is something to do with your host, what I am not sure. I am willing to have a look at it for you if you want to set me up a webmaster account and email me or PM me the details, but not promising anything. I have worked hard to ensure this version is completely bug free.

See when the cron runs it will first pollhttp://xortify.com to see if it is alive and then tryhttp://xortify.chronolabs.coop then also look forhttp://xortify.xoops.org. If it finds all 3 of those missing, then it will turn itself off.

Perhaps you should raise a ticket with your hosting provided and tell them you cannot resolve the hosthttp://xortify.com with cURL. You said you have tried multiple protocols, do you have SOAP on the system, try this one next.

For example if you try it onhttp://xoops.demo.chronolabs.coop you will notice it is working fine (you will have to install the module). Notice it is working fine, so it is something to do with your server and a local DNS Resolution issue, not the software.
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

Roby73
  • 2012/1/9 3:59

• Roby73

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2011/6/15

I solved many problems, now received the ban list and can access to sign-up.

In old xortify i used curl protocol. now work only json protocol.

But I still have a problem, i add my ip in xortify ban list. The list in my site add my ip but don't ban me.. (probable not ban all ban list).

What can make to resolve the problem? there is a particular configuration?
some ieda?
thank you very much.

Roberto.

Roby73
  • 2012/1/9 17:31

• Roby73

• Friend of XOOPS

The problems not are resolved....
Only with json protocol i receive ban list and send bad ip form my protector.
If i clear cache of xoops, the module xortify turn off (red cross).

If add my ip in xortify.com (when xorify work) in bad list i receive it but xortify don't ban.

Now i have uninstalled the xorify, i look a new version, this it probable, not compatible with my server. I try in other but the result not change.

Sorry.

Peekay
  • 2012/1/9 22:17

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Quote:

Roby73 wrote:

If add my ip in xortify.com (when xorify work) in bad list i receive it but xortify don't ban.

Excuse my ignorance as I don't use the module, but are you saying that anyone can add someone's IP address to this list and the address will (if it works) be banned from every Xoops site that uses the Xortify module?

I mean, is there some requirement to qualify why you have added an IP address to a ban list? For example, do those that have been banned maliciously or unfairly have a right of appeal?
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Roby73
  • 2012/1/9 22:41

• Roby73

• Friend of XOOPS

Simon, to check xortify, my site has added many ip. (i don't know why)
All italian ip are not malignant.

recupsoft
  • 2012/1/10 11:17

• recupsoft

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/10/30

I tried downgrading one of my site from Xortify 3.00 -> 2.59 : no problemo, never disabled.

I tried (still Curl as always) v3.00 increasing "Total amount of seconds a CURL Waits for a Response" + "Total amount of seconds a CURL Waits for DNS to resolve"... it looks to be the solution on my side

Each site must have its own username (xortify+spiders registration)... or can I use the same username for several ?
FR/EN sites: OverFiles.com + TotalJeux.fr / FR seulement : Sos-Adsl.com + PlaneteFree.fr

wishcraft

Resized Image
Xortify 3.01 (2.5) & Xortify 3.05 (2.6)

Whats New in this Feature
  • Cache Maintenance Cleanup
  • Better Ban List
  • Better XOOPS 2.5 Module Class GUI
  • Greater Ban Diagnostics
  • CURL Resolution Timeout
  • Fault Locking/Delay
  • Performance Extras - fixed

Some of the other Features
  • Cron Job State and Timing
  • Pre PHP 5.2 Compatibility
  • My IP Information Anti Ban Prevention
  • Provider Plugins
  • Admin Usage Log
  • Protector Module Provider
  • Project Honeypot Provider
  • Stop Forum Spam Provider
  • Spider Module Provide
  • XML Polling Protocol
  • Serialisation API Protocol
  • JSON API Protocol
  • SOAP API Protocol
  • Anti Spamming with User Signupl
  • Anti Harvesting
  • Serialisation API Protocol

Requirements
  • XOOPS 2.5.3+

Download: xoops2.5_xortify_3.01.zip - 195Kb
Sourceforge Mirror: xoops2.5_xortify_3.01.zip - 195Kb
Server: xoops2.5_xortify-server_1.26.zip - 1.61Mb
Demo:http://xoops.demo.chronolabs.coop[/size]

Trial For Inclusion
Xortify will be hopefully moved into the XOOPS platform after a year or so of fine tunning and testing, it is currently discussed to move the cloud (www.xortify.com) onto ownership of the domain and this node of the cloud by the XOOPS Foundations. (Chronolabs Will Donate It In the name of AntiSpam). This is the current trial for inclusion and bundling of Xortify with protector in XOOPS 2.6 - This Archive will ONLY work on XOOPS 2.6.

Requirements
  • XOOPS 2.6

Download: xoops2.6_xortify_3.05.zip - 192Kb
Sourceforge Mirror: xoops2.6_xortify_3.05.zip - 192Kb
Resized Image

wishcraft

Quote:

Peekay:

Excuse my ignorance as I don't use the module, but are you saying that anyone can add someone's IP address to this list and the address will (if it works) be banned from every Xoops site that uses the Xortify module?

I mean, is there some requirement to qualify why you have added an IP address to a ban list? For example, do those that have been banned maliciously or unfairly have a right of appeal?

Hi Peekay,

The ban can be removed from the Xortify Console without a username, it is simply search for the information and remove one or more bans, a ban is held for 3 months maximum when I cron will unban it.

Most of the IPs come from protectors bad IP list, to establishing a protector cloud/honeypot, but it also uses Stop Forum Spam, and Project Honeypot to prevent spammers from signing up, or harvesters and suspicious IPs from attacking your website.

I have never been spammed since making this module, and all the bots that breech captchas etc, are also banned being a harvester or suspicious IP as project honeypot put it.

This is simply one of the greatest protection titles since protector, and it also means a worry free execution of XOOPS from malusers.
Resized Image

wishcraft

Quote:

recupsoft:

Each site must have its own username (xortify+spiders registration)... or can I use the same username for several ?

Hi recupsoft,

That is totally up to you. You can have one username per website or one username per webmaster, it really doesn't matter, that why there is a signup form in the module.

Quote:

recupsoft:

I tried (still Curl as always) v3.00 increasing "Total amount of seconds a CURL Waits for a Response" + "Total amount of seconds a CURL Waits for DNS to resolve"... it looks to be the solution on my side

That is one of the options you might have to adjust to resolve on cURL, the alternative is to use wGET (file_get_contents()) or SOAP protocol, which tends to be more efficent.
Resized Image

Peekay
  • 2012/1/11 21:57

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

@wishcraft

O.K. Many thx for the info.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Login

Who's Online

154 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 153

mailsdaddy,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!