shukokai
Martial Arts Theme from Joomla
  • 2011/1/10 2:05

• shukokai

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/11/12

Hi,

Would it be possible for a Joomla Theme (free version) to be ported across to Xoops? I originally started my site in Joomla, but due to ongoing unresolved issues, I've switched to Xoops and found it much easier (Able to register on the forum was a great start)

I have the theme in a zip file, so if anyone is interested in having a look, send me a PM with your email address and I'll send it to you.

Thanks
Barry
www.northernrivers-shukokai.com.au/

Mamba
Re: Martial Arts Theme from Joomla
  • 2011/1/10 6:57

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:
I originally started my site in Joomla, but due to ongoing unresolved issues, I've switched to Xoops and found it much easier

Welcome to XOOPS!

Quote:
Would it be possible for a Joomla Theme (free version) to be ported across to Xoops?

yes, it's possible and many people did it.

It might be easier to post a link to this zip file here, so other people can take a look and see if they could help.

Otherwise, you can also take a look at our Theme Gallery and see if you find something similar.

Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

wishcraft

Quote:
Quote:
I originally started my site in Joomla, but due to ongoing unresolved issues, I've switched to Xoops and found it much easier

Welcome to XOOPS!

I made a martial arts theme for my sensei from one of the xoops site, most people once they use it prefer xoops.

Welcome to XOOPS

www.female-warriors.com
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

shukokai
  • 2011/1/11 13:19

• shukokai

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/11/12

Mamba - Thanks for the welcome.

Eventually tracked it down again....

http://www.themza.com/joomla/martial-arts-template.html

one of the issues I had with the theme under Joomla was that when applied, the return link to home page became broken, by adding a duplicated tree structure into the code. Hard to explain exactly as its been a several months since I tried using it.

Will look at a different picture for the Karateka as we don't do Nunchaku and I'm not that young anymore

Wishcraft, nice site, will keep it in mind for when I get a bit more comfortable and adventurous with Xoops.

Cheers
Barry

chco2
  • 2011/1/11 17:09

• chco2

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/3/5 1

Interesting, currently also working on a Martial Arts website and theme. Small world :)

Anywhow. Nice website Simon! And ow.. I noticed you have the same issue with tags as I do. When clicking on them it does not show any results.. just the name of the tag. Can't figure out why that is happening.
Also.. tags created from Xcenter have a wrong url added to it. So clicking on them gives a page not found error. (not using SEO).

Last one, but I don't know if you can help there Simon.. the cpdf creates nice PDF's when its only text, but if it is a simple table with two colums (50%) and one row, it smashes the rows to each 10%.

And Simon, just noticed that on xoops 2.4.5 Xcenter is not used in the global XOOPS search. Any idea why?

Cheers,
Charly
“It's amazing the way people cling to insults. Or what they think are insults.”

chco2
  • 2011/1/11 17:13

• chco2

• Module Developer

Ow.. and welcome to XOOPS shukokai!

chco2
  • 2011/1/11 17:14

• chco2

• Module Developer

Darn.. just looked at my profile.. I joined XOOPS 2004/3/5. Would like to see a list how long folks have been hanging around here :)

chco2
  • 2011/1/13 0:33

• chco2

• Module Developer

Well thanks to Simon, search works now.
It had to be enabled in the modinfo.php .
Also the search.php in the include folder of Xcenter has an error in the sql query to search for the keywords and it needed to be fixed also, otherwise you get no results.

If someone need specifics, let me know.

Login

Who's Online

184 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 184

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits