Mamba
Re: Support for Cssified xoops default theme
  • 2010/11/12 9:27

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Aitor, this is very nice work, which will make customizing XOOPS themes so much easier

I guess, the next level would be to combine your approach with the jQuery UI ThemeRoller.

So my question to all our wonderful theme designers - how could we make it happen?
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

aitor
  • 2010/11/12 11:45

• aitor

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/1/2 2

Thanx ian it fixes the theme. I found where to set color for blocks content.

from
#leftcolumn .blockContent {padding: 3px; line-height: 1.2em;}
to
#leftcolumn .blockContent {padding: 3px; line-height: 1.2em; color: #000000;}

Mamba is really nice the interface you say. I was thinking to make a interface for color select etc to make more easy for non developers and designers, i will take a try to it.

Mamba
  • 2010/11/12 12:13

• Mamba

Aitor, you can use some of the ThemeRoller components

[EDIT] I just saw that the article is outdated as they have a new CSS Framework. The recommend to look at the Wiki for more info about the new CSS Framework and the ThemeRoller.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

aitor
  • 2010/11/12 23:44

• aitor

• Not too shy to talk

I have avanced more with the module, lot of work remaining.

Mamba can't find how to start with their themes, i need to find more easy one, I have to see also xoops 2.5 ajax how works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ9ph5FctE4

Tarik
  • 2010/11/13 0:02

• Tarik

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2010/2/3 1

It's very nice i did the same thing but for me it is a service for making themes online with the same basis - you choose width and height .. with a picture library and then you can compile it and download it
i spent tow years to learn xoops api and to devlop the module tohis stat his still alpha but with time i will lunch it
Some people like what you do,
-- some people hate what you do,
---- but most people simply don’t give a damn.

Mamba
  • 2010/11/13 5:10

• Mamba

This is getting better and better

As a proof of concept, it's excellent!

Now we need to create a generic solution that could address majority of themes, and then make it to something like the ThemeRoller.

I hope that Kris, Algalochkin, Insraq, Bleek, Aphx3, and other Theme designers will join in, so we could create such a generic solution, that could be then enhanced individually.

Support XOOPS => DONATE

algalochkin

Hi, ianez.
I have small, but a question of principle.
What for various versions for XOOPS 2.4.5 and XOOPS 2.5.0, if unique change in style.css are necessary:
body {... min-width:650px;...}
to:
body {... min-width:700px;...}

algalochkin

@aitor:
Good cinema. What you such have shown? What is THEME CSS EDITOR 0.01 and where it can be downloaded?

algalochkin

@ianez:
I have one more small question.
Why you had a desire to replace default Theme for XOOPS on the badly tested theme? The developer of default Theme for XOOPS is live and quite professional, besides the theme is excellently tested and efficient.
Offer own theme, entitle it, lay out on free downloading, open a forum on the theme and look how many users will establish it on the sites.
By the way default Theme is used usually for start only. What for to you this PR?

aitor
  • 2010/11/13 16:32

• aitor

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

algalochkin wrote:
@aitor:
Good cinema. What you such have shown? What is THEME CSS EDITOR 0.01 and where it can be downloaded?

Is the module i am working on, the idea i have in mind is that it can change in easy way themes that are ready for it, so user (no designer, not developer) can change few options so the theme get closer to him without need of a designer, developer etc.

Really is not a good module name, because it is not a editor, for that you have yet file manager, and theme editor in xoops, but was the first name i think, surely that it changes later.

Is not available to download because i started working on it few days ago, but was a idea i have in mind lot of time and it come back when i see the default-css converted by Ianez and the final version of xoops 2.5 that i was waiting during months.

Login

Who's Online

127 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 127

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits