Tongo
Solved! "Could not connect to the database server ..."
  • 2006/9/16 13:31

• Tongo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/23

I had the same "Could not connect to the database server" issue and it was driving me crazy. In the final solution, it turned out to be a simple problem.

My hosting provider uses cPanel, which has its own routine for creating MySQL databases, and that is what I used.

Let's assume my provider account is named GORILLA and I create a MySQL database named XOOPS1 and a db user named XOOPSER. The "official" names of the database and user become GORILLA_XOOPS1 and GORILLA_XOOPSER, respectively.

Using GORILLA_XOOPS1 and GORILLA_XOOPSER for the names in my XOOPS setup (instead of simply XOOPS1 and XOOPSER) solved the problem!

Xoops setup "Could not connect to the database server" because I had been giving it the wrong names.

Such is life in the Jungle.

Will_H
Re: Solved! "Could not connect to the database server ..."
  • 2006/9/16 14:14

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

ya ptefix_db and prefix_user must be defined.

In most cases I would not reccomend allowing a cms to create your satabases for you. Always create and define them yourself.

Prefix_user
Pass
Prefix_db

in the installer you have to define it at the bottom, this is seperate from your db prefix's.

Also be sure to use custom table prefixes. What I mean is do not use the default xoops_ table prefix.

Login

Who's Online

208 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 208

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits