Herko
[XOOPS.org redesign] The project frameworks!
  • 2006/1/3 15:10

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

READ THIS POST CAREFULLY!

The XOOPS.org websites renewal project is open!

What is the purpose of this project?
The XOOPS.org websites get over 10.000 visitors per day and is in drastic need of an improvement of the user experience. The websites have grown tremendously over the years, making it difficult to find what you are looking for unless you know your way around.
This project is meant to enhance and improve the user experience using the means that are available. Also, this project will provide the community the means to participate in reaching this goal. To this end, the framework of the new site is provided, and community collaboration will give shape and content to this framework.

Two projects: content and theme
This project is actually two major undertakings, so for managability purposes we split them in two: the content and the design.
The first is the content: the basic structure and navigation of the sites is based on the content. Old content needs to be updated en restructured, new content needs to be added. Please designate all posts regarding this subproject with [content], so everyone knows the thread is part of this project.
The second (but certainly no less important) is the design of the new site. The design should be an inspiration to the users, showing off the power of real web design and XOOPS. This is more then just a theme, it is theme, template sets, images, the whole shabang.
The site should become an integral complete corporate and professional looking site that shows the character of XOOPS. Please designate threads about this subproject as [design] so everyone knows it is about this subproject.

The process
How are we going to do this? I'll post two sets of frameworks which are the requirements the content and the design has to fullfill. Anyone can propose changes and additions, but in doing so, you commit yourself to those changes. Polls will be used for conflict handling, but only when we can't come to a desicion ourselves in the forums, and when we need to choose between alternatives.
This is a community collaboration project, which means it's a task based project where anyone can claim a task and create a piece of the content or the design. The to-do list will grow as we get more and more agreement on what should be done.
For example: the content project will have a thread called [content] To do list. In it are posts that show which tasks are open, closed, assigned (to whom), and pending (meaning the tasks haven't been decided on yet). Tasks like: write 10 reasons to start using XOOPS or update Who made XOOPS?.
Voting is open for all registered users.

Lets get this show on the road!

Herko

Mamba
Re: [XOOPS.org redesign] The project frameworks!
  • 2006/1/3 15:37

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
For example: the content project will have a thread called [content] To do list. In it are posts that show which tasks are open, closed, assigned (to whom), and pending (meaning the tasks haven't been decided on yet). Tasks like: write 10 reasons to start using XOOPS or update Who made XOOPS?.
Herko

Is there a "To-Do" module that could be used for it? This would much easier to check the current status, instead going through threads.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Herko
  • 2006/1/3 15:40

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Why not use the forum for now? Lets not get stuck in discussions on what tools to use before anything is done If the forum doesn't work, we can always consider using other tools. But lets focus on the tasks at hand first

Herko

Mamba
  • 2006/1/3 15:51

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
Why not use the forum for now? Lets not get stuck in discussions on what tools to use before anything is done If the forum doesn't work, we can always consider using other tools. But lets focus on the tasks at hand first
Herko

For now it's OK to use the forum, but I am just forward thinking and trying to establish clear path for project management...
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

owenjh
  • 2007/9/12 22:42

• owenjh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/2 2

I was thinking of starting a [URL=https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=47897&forum=4&post_id=212962#forumpost212962]Todo Module[/URL] but didn't get much response.

I couldn't find one in the repository so if there is one this end-user experience project would have helped me :)

One thing that I think would be good would be a friendly URL. Kind of like the way Wikipedia / WordPress formats their URLS. Wouldn't be necessary for all features just the important ones.
An example would be:
xoops.org/themes/Clean_Theme_01

Login

Who's Online

232 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 232

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits