Stewdio
Banner link redirects to home page when site closed.
  • 2005/12/30 2:10

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Howdy people. Just a heads up on an obsservation I just had on the banner system for 2.2.3 final

Banners work as they should when I'm logged in.

When I am logged off the site (the bit that my visitors are going to see while I update the layout/content), the banners get redirected back to the {xoops_url} for some reason.

I suspected a permissions issue and looked into the groups and what have you and didn't see anything that was of importance.

I am gathering at this point that is somwhere in the banner code itself, which I am sure someone will be able to figure out.

My site is currently closed, but I still have the banners on so that my traffic will have somwhere to go and something to look at when they hit the site (approx 1k unique visitors a month) It's not much but for a tiny little place like mine, thats a rather large and shocking number for me, so closing the banners off and loosing that trafic to my partner site would be a big loss.

At any rate, if I have to turn off the banners and just use my own code in the site_closed template, I will. In the meantime, I thought I would give a heads up and provide a link for you folks to check this odd behaviour out in action. www.stewdio.net

I'm sure almost anyone will be able to reproduce this.

Anyway, gotta run, catch you all later.
XOOPS Community Support

Login

Who's Online

195 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 195

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits