thoughtscape
Stripslashes in Custom Block

I've just upgraded to XOOPS 2.2, and I'm having trouble with slashes in a custom block.

I have a simple block that displays some welcome text. But the text has slashes before every apostrophe -- single-quote. My best guess here is that the text is not being stripslashed after it is read. The slashes are in the database fields, but they aren't being stripped out before display.

Has anybody else seen this?

Thanks

James

Dave_L
Re: Stripslashes in Custom Block
  • 2005/8/8 2:44

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

I encountered that problem after upgrading from 2.0.13 to 2.2. Some of the text in a custom block wasn't being displayed, and I saw that backslashes had been added, resulting in invalid PHP.

I edited the block, through the admin page, to remove the backslashes, and that fixed the problem.

I haven't investigated to see why it happened.

thoughtscape

Unfortunately, the slashes don't show up in the Admin page. I've even tried deleting the block and recreating it. Whenever I have a single quote in the text, there are backslashes and single quotes in the display.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

thoughtscape

I just upgraded to 2.2.1 and that fixed the problem.

par14h
  • 2010/7/3 20:33

• par14h

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/2/24

I'm having a similar issue in 2.4.4. It first manifested in "Lawsuit" by Chronolabs, but I'm now seeing it in xnews, newbbex and ForumEx.

Login

Who's Online

224 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 224

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits