draj
XOOPS 2.4 Development Roadmap
  • 2005/7/31 18:47

• draj

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/23

Hallo!

I just saw that XOOPS 2.2 announcement has a mention of 2.4 being developed.

The version 2.4 would have site-wide catogeries.

This version would be extremely helpful und a powerful feauture.

We would rather wait for this version and use site wide categories, like it is in eGroupware. Preffered would be more complexities of categories databases like geographical, subject dbs, etc.

That tells us to wait. However I cannot find any time schedule of the version 2.4!

Is there any Roadmap for the development of this very much wanted version of 2.4?

Thanks in advance.

Deepak

Herko
Re: XOOPS 2.4 Development Roadmap
  • 2005/7/31 18:53

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

wow

XOOPS 2.2 has JUST been released, and you already want everyone to start working on XOOP 2.4? Lets keep a decent pace, please

XOOPS 2.4 is not even planned, there is no roadmap whatsoever, nobody is working on it -yet. We'll see it goes, and if there is time and opportunity and resources, we'll make a 2.4.

Herko

draj
  • 2005/7/31 19:10

• draj

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/23

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:

XOOPS 2.4 is not even planned, there is no roadmap whatsoever, nobody is working on it -yet. We'll see it goes, and if there is time and opportunity and resources, we'll make a 2.4.

Herko

I saw this here:
https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2457

the following:
Quote:

We have already started the planning of XOOPS 2.4, so be comfortable knowing that whatever concerns that arise in the next weeks will be taken into consideration when developing XOOPS 2.4 - and of course, really big issues will be dealt with as swiftly as possible. - Posted by Mithrandir on 2005/7/27 11:16:35

I am quite new to this area and have not seen the pace between the versions. As this has the following:

- Use configuration categories

This feature is very important. To make changes at a later date is a nightmare. I have already posted a post on Global Categories...

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?forum=11&topic_id=38737

Hence this version is very attractive...I was wondering, how does it usually go, in about two months would be like the first beta, then like two weeks the first RC1 and then like the final version.

So, I was trying to make up my mind to think could it be like 3 months or so, or like three weeks or so.

That kinda impression I just wanna make to decide to start the Multisite project, which has minimun about 70 sites to be cloned.

Imagine if the site wide categories to be used at a later date for 70 subsites. Thats why I took this aspect serious.

Herko
  • 2005/7/31 19:59

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Yeah, we've been planning it in the sense that not all new feature requests made it to 2.2, so the rest will be saved for the next major version upgrade. It could be X2.4, but if XOOPS4 gets here sooner then expected, we'll wait for that.

But I agree with the categories, I made the feature request over 3 years ago, and had the metacat module developed. If you can find that, it is a category manager that mimics global categories.

Herko

Login

Who's Online

266 user(s) are online (153 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 266

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits