ronhab
Any Fix for the Templates/Blocks Bug?
  • 2005/1/17 16:19

• ronhab

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/27

Hi guys,

Is there any fix for the templates/blocks bug that got introduced along the way in the 2.0.7 - 2.0.9.x upgrades? I still have:

1) Templates showing red
2) Blocks that revert to show [empty] # of listings when a module is updated and have to be manually reset.
3) Blocks such as my web links one that don't update/show wrong info. These correspond to the ones that are red in the templates admin.
4) When you go to blocks, edit block, edit template you only get the "view" option, not modify, and if you look up at the top it shows you are in the default template set, instead of the one I am using. I have to go to template admin for that block and find which one it is and change it that way.

Thank you.

PS - The old fix of "not making any more red" appears to work, but I need a way to undue the ones that are already busted.

ronhab
Re: Any Fix for the Templates/Blocks Bug?
  • 2005/1/17 22:39

• ronhab

• Friend of XOOPS

Damnit, answer me or I am going to Mambo!

Quote:

ronhab wrote:
Hi guys,

Is there any fix for the templates/blocks bug that got introduced along the way in the 2.0.7 - 2.0.9.x upgrades? I still have:

1) Templates showing red
2) Blocks that revert to show [empty] # of listings when a module is updated and have to be manually reset.
3) Blocks such as my web links one that don't update/show wrong info. These correspond to the ones that are red in the templates admin.
4) When you go to blocks, edit block, edit template you only get the "view" option, not modify, and if you look up at the top it shows you are in the default template set, instead of the one I am using. I have to go to template admin for that block and find which one it is and change it that way.

Thank you.

PS - The old fix of "not making any more red" appears to work, but I need a way to undue the ones that are already busted.

brash
  • 2005/1/17 22:46

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

After been a member of XOOPS for 2 years you say you are going to move to Mambo because your question is not answered in 8 hours ?

Have you reported this as a bug in sourceforge? Have you checked to see if this bug has already been reported? If 2.0.9.2 is not working for you, you can alsways just roll back to the previous version from the backup you made before upgrading.

ronhab
  • 2005/1/18 0:09

• ronhab

• Friend of XOOPS

Whoops, sorry Brash. I was just spoofin on another thread. I should have added a

Mea culpa.

I'm not going anywhere. Well, unless Herko throws me out.

ronhab
  • 2005/1/18 21:03

• ronhab

• Friend of XOOPS

Bump. Any progress at all? Fixable? Not fixable? Is there something I can toggle in the DB manually to correct?

Quote:

ronhab wrote:
Hi guys,

1) Templates showing red

Thank you.

brash
  • 2005/1/18 21:28

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Sorry for the misunderstanding ronhab, just came off the back of another thread with a similar attitude where they weren't joking. I was starting to wonder WTF was going on .

As far as I could see, the issue you speak of is not even logged on the Xoops bug tracker. Might be a first step?

jdseymour

After the 2.0.9.1 upgrade I asked Mithrandir about the issues, that at first I thought was an AMS problem. He told me he was aware of the template duplication problem and they were working to find the best way to fix the problem.

2.0.9.2 came out it was announced the the template problems were fixed, but still working on a safe way of removing the already duplicated ones.

see Xoops 2.0.9.2 Released the 7th and 9th comments down.

ronhab
  • 2005/1/19 10:34

• ronhab

• Friend of XOOPS

@ brash : no probs. I added it to the bug tracker.

@jdseymour: yeppers. I just haven't heard anything since then. Just trying to find out if there are any updates since then (I might have missed it).

Thankfully, I don't have any duplicates. Just broken templates and blocks.

jdseymour

Well, I myself have several duplicate as well as triplicate templates in my default set. So a fix would greatly help me.

As a workaround I cloned my template set deleted and regenerated affected templates. I now have the right amount in the clone, but of course shown in red.

Herko
  • 2005/1/19 10:59

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

pondering interesting ways to throw Ronhab out... any suggestions/ideas anyone?

Anyways, back to the topic at hand. In the 2.0.9.2 release some of the 2.0.9.1 changes were rolled back, but the patch is for 2.0.7.3 to 2.0.9.2 (thus skipping and partially ignoring the changes made in 2.0.9.1). This is giving some people trouble, as they have some updated files from 2.0.9.1, which were pulled back, but not restored (if you get what I mean).

Solution: do a diff on your files and those from the 2.0.9.2 full package, and see where the important differnces are. Then you can make sure that you get ALL the latest files...

Onokazu is looking into making a 2.0.9.1-2.0.9.2 patch tho...

Herko

Login

Who's Online

197 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 197

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits